Contribute
Register

First hackintosh - stuck on Apple loading screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!

I just built my first hackintosh - so far so good, everything works. I got into the installation process etc and everything installed fine.

But what I noticed is that I get stuck on the apple logo in the beginning if I DON'T type the following:

-v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -f cpus=1

When I type this in, it starts fine and everything shows up. But when I follow this guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...pro-3930k-gtx670-sabertooth-x79-56k-warn.html

I'm using the exact same motherboard and CPU, but another graphics card called GTX 660 (not the TI version).

After fixing the Org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist in the "Extra" folder, I reboot and changed the prio order to the SSD disk which I installed OSX on. Although this doesn't let me to add any commands in the boot such as -v or -f cpus=1 etc..

How do I fix this? I don't get in on OSX without these commands it seems..
thanks!

OK I managed fixing the problem by installing verbal mode etc in boot options inside of multibeast.

BUT.. my computer doesn't recognize the CPU name, it says "3,2Ghz Uknown". I've added:

<key>SMcputype</key>
<string>1281</string>

to the org.chameleon.boot.plist and the smbios.plist

but it still doesn't show what name it is.. any help? suggestions?

add all hardware info in profile/signature as required by tmx then we can help u hover your mouse over your login name and u see settings click on that

I'm having the exact same problem. I tried the bootflags that OP uses, and for the first time it actually booted to Mavericks for the first time. Any other way I try (-x, -v), it just hangs at the apple logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back