Spotted a mistake in the config.plist

- next attempts

Failed - same errors multiple ports

reviewing plist

Failed - same errors multiple ports

reviewing plist

USB 3 - got spinning wheel and grey screen

However on reboot - this went to pages error on reattempt, with no changes

I did look at bios but exited without saving changes so couldn't be that.

Ok just rebooted from power off back and starting to see -v output on screen.

Post more soon.

USB 3 - got spinning wheel and grey screen

However on reboot - this went to pages error on reattempt, with no changes

I did look at bios but exited without saving changes so couldn't be that.

Ok just rebooted from power off back and starting to see -v output on screen.

Post more soon.
Two things I see, no nv_disable=1 set which you need with card installed and no web drivers... No SIMBIOS info,It might need at least system definition to know what type mac its trying to boot. The inject all kext should give a least one working USB port.

Here is a config. plist to try...copy your existing one to desktop/delete from EFI/CLOVER/ Copy new one to
EFI/CLOVER/reboot and see if it changes anything.You might have to change default boot to match your drives name.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4 KB · Views: 159
Two things I see, no nv_disable=1 set which you need with card installed and no web drivers... No SIMBIOS info,It might need at least system definition to know what type mac its trying to boot. The inject all kext should give a least one working USB port.

Interestingly I am typing this from a new Hackintosh - it needs work but I can say one thing. The USB port stuff is interesting more in a minute.

First standard install on Clover
Next follow the skylake guide
Delete all 10.1x folders in EFI leave other left
Use config.plist which I will attach soon.
Unplug your mouse - trust me if it doesn't work who cares this is how i got here.
On my machine port 4 for keyboard, port 6 for USB Stick
USB stick Sandisk 16gb - tried loads here, so who knows if it will work with others I got here with this one.
Ok so the drives may not make sense but I got here with
No SSD drive
No SATA drive
Leave the switches on the board alone no super speeds here.

Use clover configurator to select boot options nv_disable=1, verbose mode.
Next do normal bios things with virtualisation etc.
Next you can leave in your nvidia card, you can leave in your 64GB of RAM
You don't need a wifi card this z170 premium WiFi works
Ok so when you boot you will get loads of Pages errors and kernel cache error - here is the boring stuff, try, try and try again - 9 times per usb port.
AND ... if you get errors still change port - it will work on one and I didn't have USB2 so this works in the ports i have stated.

So I wanted to self harm through out this and thanks go to ammulder and Ken394 for the pointers and encouragement.

I am not done it will fail soon or fall over - not tested not benchmarked, not booting from disc.

ok so should add

I got it to boot to Mac installer then had to add my drive and reboot - again got errors in that port that had worked so switched port to the ones stated and SATA drive recognised.

Memory is 32GB but all four slots are showing as 8GB modules so guess I change the entry.
Graphics card is 5MB but haven't applied fixes and there are artefacts - again no fixes tried.
Network cards don't seem to be recognised but at the moment last on the list
Sleep does not work - not tried any fixes.
App Store doesn't work but not applied any fixes

Wifi worked straight away.

Next for me get some rest and try to do the fixes by the weekend.

If it works ... :) very interesting and powerful mac

Ken - noticed your config.plist but haven't tried it post mine soon when I can get access to it :)

Would you mind posting your config.plist?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back