Contribute
Register

First Hackintosh, need advice for a MacBook Pro user.

Which CPU/Mobo/GPU combo should I go for ? I will have ML installed directly onto it

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I built a very similar system(should be in signature below) and it's simply awesome. Easiest install I've ever done. The only thing I haven't taken the time to get working is sleep. Everything else just worked with minimal effort.

Woa woa woa woa woa ! Wait, so sleep isn't working ??? If so then I'm not so sure about Ivy bridge.

I'm pretty sure there is a way to get sleep working. Mine just didn't work out of the box and I personally don't use it so I haven't taken the time to look into it yet. When I use sleep my screen goes black but computer stays running, no matter what I do screen doesn't come back. (Have to reset computer)

I'm pretty sure there is a way to get sleep working. Mine just didn't work out of the box and I personally don't use it so I haven't taken the time to look into it yet. When I use sleep my screen goes black but computer stays running, no matter what I do screen doesn't come back. (Have to reset computer)

Ok. Fair enough. How easy is the GTX 5xx to setup in ML ? And how can I enable CUDA in Adobe CS5.5 ? Or Do i have to buy CS6 ?

Final Parts : Buy or don't buy ?

If you guys say "yes they're good to go for Mountain Lion" then, i'm ordering these parts within the next 2 weeks.

CPU : Intel Core i5 3570K (Found in my research that I can trim my budget up a bit by ditching the i7 (Would love one but $$$)
Mobo : Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H (No DSDT ? Also do I use EasyBeast when Multibeasting ?)
GPU : MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB (Should I use Intel HD 4000 for ML Install and then install ?) (How do I enable CUDA in Adobe CS5.5? And also OpenCL for FCP X ?)
RAM : Corsair Vengeance 16 GB High Profile
CPU Cooler : Corsair H60
PSU : Corsair HX650W
Case : Corsair 600T White
SSD : Intel 520 Series 120GB
HDDs : Seagate 1TB Barracuda 64 MB 7200RPM (for scratch disk + data storage) and a WD Caviar Green 2TB (Half for Time Machine and half for Windows)
WiFi : TP-Link TL-WDN4800
Bluetooth : Belkin F8T016ng USB
DVD Drive : Sony Optiarc AD-7280S

I've really appreciated all the help you guys have given me. This is one the best tech communities I've ever come across. :) x100

All of the parts are approved. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back