Contribute
Register

First Hackintosh, need advice for a MacBook Pro user.

Which CPU/Mobo/GPU combo should I go for ? I will have ML installed directly onto it

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok just seen TonyMacX86's CustoMac builds and they've made me wonder again on wether or not I should change tactics and go Ivy Bridge. No need for a DSDT on IB ? and he's not mentioning any AMD cards ?

hamiltus - The newer CPUs will render out files faster but the Previews are always done with the GPU and very little CPU. Hence, a good GPU will help with previews. Still a high end card isn't really needed. Again, using SLR footage your not EVER going to stress the GPU to the point that you need anything higher then a GTX285 or 9800GT. Save some EUROS on your card choice and get more drives. 1 to RAID, 2 to use as Scratch Disks.

It seems like your really leaning toward getting the newest parts. Which I can understand. Just offered .02 since a budget was presented which means you at least have a plan. Keep asking and stay in touch.

Ivy Bridge Hack Pro

Ok if Tonymacx86 says ivy bridge is a go then here's a list of parts that interest me :

CPU : Intel Core i5 3570K or i7 3770K
Mobo : Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H (Do I need a DSDT ?)
GPU : MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin frozr II (Most of you guys told me to go nVidia and this seemed good) (Do I need to use OpenCL enabler ? no mention of it by tonymacx86 ?)
PSU : Corsair HX650W
RAM : Corsair Vengeance 16GB 4x4GB
SSD : Intel 520 Series 120 GB (Someone said avoid to OCZ like the plague)
HDD : Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA III
Cooler : Corsair H60
WiFi : TP-Link TL-WDN4800
Case : Corsair 600T White Edition
Bluetooth : Belkin F8T016ng
FireWire : Sonnet Allegro FireWire 800+400 PCI card (not pci-e)

Total price on Amazon France :
With an i5 3570K : €1269.79
With an i7 3770K : €1375.28

Please give me any and all advice or tips you want. Thanks to all for the help and support !

Ok if Tonymacx86 says ivy bridge is a go then here's a list of parts that interest me :

CPU : Intel Core i5 3570K or i7 3770K
Mobo : Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H (Do I need a DSDT ?)
GPU : MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin frozr II (Most of you guys told me to go nVidia and this seemed good) (Do I need to use OpenCL enabler ? no mention of it by tonymacx86 ?)
PSU : Corsair HX650W
RAM : Corsair Vengeance 16GB 4x4GB
SSD : Intel 520 Series 120 GB (Someone said avoid to OCZ like the plague)
HDD : Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA III
Cooler : Corsair H60
WiFi : TP-Link TL-WDN4800
Case : Corsair 600T White Edition
Bluetooth : Belkin F8T016ng
FireWire : Sonnet Allegro FireWire 800+400 PCI card (not pci-e)

Total price on Amazon France :
With an i5 3570K : €1269.79
With an i7 3770K : €1375.28

Please give me any and all advice or tips you want. Thanks to all for the help and support !

Yes, these parts will work nicely. NO DSDT.

I built a very similar system(should be in signature below) and it's simply awesome. Easiest install I've ever done. The only thing I haven't taken the time to get working is sleep. Everything else just worked with minimal effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back