Contribute
Register

First Hackintosh - Kernel Panic as El Cpitan Installation loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is my first hackintosh so please excuse my lack of knowledge! lol

System Specs
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-H81M
  • CPU - Intel Celeron G1840 Haswell
  • RAM - 8GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws
  • HDD - WD 1TB 7200 RPM
  • PSU - Thermaltake TR2

I'm using Unibeast 6.1 with Clover. I can begin to boot from the my thumb drive but after about 5-10 seconds of seeing the Apple logo with the loading bar I get a kernel panic. Image below:
IMG_0868.jpg
Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated as I really nee to get this finished up!

Your CPU is not natively supported and you need a graphics card.

Check this guide on how to use FakeCPUID in Clover.

Hi Brebo, thanks for your reply!

I came to that conclusion late last night and even stumbled on the same guide you linked. However I was unaware of my need for a graphics card in this build. Thanks for letting me know! I have an Nvidia A146 card that was in a Mac a few years back. I figured it would not be compatible with El Capitan, but I can't find any word on that anywhere. Is there a source you might recommend for finding if this card is compatible or not?

I did successfully spoof my CPUs ID so now it gets to the point where it looks for the SSDT. However, I don't currently have access to a Mac or a Linux machine. Is there a way I can build an SSDT in Windows perhaps? If need be I will pull out my old desktop running Linux, but I'd prefer to avoid that if possible! HaHa

Thanks for the help!

The Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 A146 is an AGP 8x card from the PowerMac G5 and cannot be used with your PC.

I don't currently have access to a Mac or a Linux machine. Is there a way I can build an SSDT in Windows perhaps?

With no access to a Mac how did you make your UniBeast installer ?

Thanks for the confirmation BreBo! I'll look into getting a graphics card. And as I asked, is there any way you know of to build an SSDT in Windows? Or will I need to use Linux/Mac?

And a friend of mine with a current Macbook to helped me out P1LGRIM.

And as I asked, is there any way you know of to build an SSDT in Windows? Or will I need to use Linux/Mac?

If you mean the SSDT for Power Management, this can be done after the installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back