CPU
Intel Core i5-4430
Graphics
Intel Iris 5100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
At the chameleon screen, hit any key to stop the auto boot, then tap the down key on your keyboard to the boot verbose option. [This can also be achieved by typing the boot flag -v]. This will show where the boot is getting stuck. It can be daunting to look at the lines of text scrolling but you'll see where it stops doing anything. If you're completely stuck, post on the forum the last few lines of text as someone may be able to help. Also - check the installation guides, there's usually links to the common issues.

Safe mode can be achieved with the boot flag -x, so to boot verbose and in safe mode you'd type "-v -x" without quotes. Can help you sometimes, it's worth a try.

Good luck!

Thanks for the post Marked! I did previously run in both modes and both get stuck. It seems like this is the main problem. I already tried -F and -f btw. It was just freezing at the screen where the apple logo is so i decided to just leave it on while i'm at work to see if it resolves itself. If you have any other ideas it would be a huge help thanks!

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

Have the latest BIOS for your board?

My issue was that I had a VGA plugged in. Other than that this board works flawlessly I didn't use any flags I recommend this one to everyone installing Mavericks. Still trying to get the right audio driver though.

My issue was that I had a VGA plugged in. Other than that this board works flawlessly I didn't use any flags I recommend this one to everyone installing Mavericks. Still trying to get the right audio driver though.

Thank you everyone for making my hackintosh possible. Special thanks goes to rickysmd03 for pointing out his VGA problem. Mine installed without trouble or tweaks as soon as I unplugged the VGA monitor. My board is GA-B85M-D3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back