Contribute
Register

First hackintosh - GA-Z77X-UP5 TH build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ribfeast,
What is the benefit of changing to the MacPro 5.1 definition? I have just got my system up and running and one of the tricks, I found, was to avoid being a Mac Pro 5.1 at all costs. (I have the same setup as you, except with a super-crappy graphics card which I'll be ditching at the soonest opportunity.)
Is deleting "AppleTyMCEDriver.kext" your strategy of getting the MacPro5.1 definition to work?
I've gone through a billion installations and tussles with multibeast so I'm a bit wary of those larks for the time being (most of my trouble related to using the VGA port on the UP5 -- I nearly went blind reading this forum til I figured that out) --but I'm curious to hear what your last set of steps are all about.
I'm also jolly envious of your graphic card. It looks a helluva lot cooler than the wretched XFX 6870 card I scored off ebay... and which will soon be back there.

The MacPro definition is required to install the latest NVidia drivers, the installer checks to see what sort of Mac you have. It figures iMacs and Mac Minis don't have PCI slots and won't install :(
The other reason was to try and enable P-states but I think I still only have two (1600 and 4200MHz).
Deleting that kext is what makes the MacPro definition work, it's to do with EEC RAM.

:crazy: help first build z77x-up5th PSU corsair TX 650 M. power shutdown when starting
could you please advise on the power supply you are using I understand sum
psu will not run this motherboard

please I am a newbie need all the help I can get anybody out there running
this board please advise on the best PSU and thank you for taking the time
to post this information :angel:

Sorry Michael, just saw your message. That power supply should work with the board, I'm running the same setup. There is a square 4 pin power plug that also needs to go into the board, make sure that is connected too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back