Contribute
Register

First Hackintosh for Pro Audio, several options!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I´m getting confused, the Corsair Link and the Standalone fan controller are almost the same thing, or better said, different things that do almost the same stuff right? I mean, its not that without the Corsair Link I wont be able to measure and control my fans/temps right?

If its like that, I´d get the H90 with the bigger Noctua fan, configured in pull mode, a couple of Noctuas on the top as intakes, and a bigger noctua on the front also as intake, all of them connected to the controller, and then on the botton I´ll leave any of the fans as an out take connected straight to the Motherboard, ultimate solution right??

Is there a Fan controller that can actually automatically react when reaching certain temps? or that I can program to do it?I mean, as lets say, the touchscreen one? That´s the part missing for me on the cooling system I think

The H90 has to rely on the motherboard based cooling controls. In the BI0S, you can set the motherboard to automatically manage the fan speeds. With a fan controller, you use them to control your extra fans (like the ones in the front and the top etc)

Im sorry if what I say is sometimes contradictory as to what I have said previously, but I am learning with you as well :)

And yes, the prodigy can hold a 140MM fan mount in the back, so you would attach the Noctua fan to the radiator and then put the fan onto the back, just like this as the picture shows, you'll be using the Noctua fan as an EXAUST for the radiator - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/water2.0-extreme-kraken-x40-hydro-h90-elc120,3434-3.html

A really nice thing about corsair water coolers is that they come with their own thermal compound already neatly put on for you, so no messing with thermal paste that could damage your cpu.

The H90 has to rely on the motherboard based cooling controls. In the BI0S, you can set the motherboard to automatically manage the fan speeds. With a fan controller, you use them to control your extra fans (like the ones in the front and the top etc)

Im sorry if what I say is sometimes contradictory as to what I have said previously, but I am learning with you as well :)

And yes, the prodigy can hold a 140MM fan mount in the back, so you would attach the Noctua fan to the radiator and then put the fan onto the back, just like this as the picture shows, you'll be using the Noctua fan as an EXAUST for the radiator - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/water2.0-extreme-kraken-x40-hydro-h90-elc120,3434-3.html

A really nice thing about corsair water coolers is that they come with their own thermal compound already neatly put on for you, so no messing with thermal paste that could damage your cpu.

Its cool to find someone to learn with, I´ve done a LOT of research on this and certainly learned a lot also, who would have thought, 10 Years ago I was mounting computers as my day to day jjob, now I have no clue, how technology changes!!

I understand what you´re saying about the H90, it was actually my concern, felt it was a lot of responsability having to be controlling my processor´s temp! what if I leave the pc on and go out or something...? o_O:banghead::beachball::beachball:

Anyways, could I also measure the fan speed of the H90 and my processor´s temp? I mean, what I would do with the controller is to control the other fan´s speed, but also the temp on, lets say, 5 different places/components of my computer? (talking about a 5-fan controller)

Its cool to find someone to learn with, I´ve done a LOT of research on this and certainly learned a lot also, who would have thought, 10 Years ago I was mounting computers as my day to day jjob, now I have no clue, how technology changes!!

I understand what you´re saying about the H90, it was actually my concern, felt it was a lot of responsability having to be controlling my processor´s temp! what if I leave the pc on and go out or something...? o_O:banghead::beachball::beachball:

Anyways, could I also measure the fan speed of the H90 and my processor´s temp? I mean, what I would do with the controller is to control the other fan´s speed, but also the temp on, lets say, 5 different places/components of my computer? (talking about a 5-fan controller)

I have sent you a private message on a way we can talk easier. If you did not get it, then it would be easier for us to talk through somthing like facebook or Skype. If you have facebook, add me

You can fit the H100 in your case if you're NOT installing an optical drive. You can mount it up in the top of the case. I was thinking about doing that for my recording hack.

Hey everyone!! just to update the thread:

I´ve build my Hackintosh with this parts at the end:

- Bitfenix Prodigy
- Gigabyte Z77N Wifi Motherboard
- Corsair Vengeance 16gb
- Intel Core i7 3770K
- 2x500gb VelociRaptors HDD
- Samsung 840Pro SSD 128gb
- Corsair H90 Watercooling system
- 2x Noctua 120mm fans on the top of the case as intakes
- 1 Noctua 140mm replacing the stock fan on the watercooling system.

Everything´s installed, but now I´m running into a problem I dont know how to solve, fan connections:

The Z77N has 2 4-pin connections, 1xCPU_FAN and 1xSYS_FAN, so I´m connecting the 2 top fans to the CPU_FAN connector via Y Cable, and the Watercooler fan to the SYS_FAN connector, now the thing is, the Water Pump has a 3-pin connector and I don´t know where I can connect it!! All of the Noctua fans are 4 -pin, also the connections on the Motherboard, BUT the Pump connector is a 3-Pin connector!

I thought of using another Y cable on the SYS_FAN bracket to connect the Waterpump fan plus the waterpump together on that bracket, but I dont know if its gonna work since the Pump has a 3-PIM connector, can someone help me?? thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back