Contribute
Register

First Hackintosh Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, this will be my very first hackintosh build and I am both excited and nervous. I hope everything goes well! These are the components that I bought: MSI H81M E33, I3 4330, and Edimax ew7811un. From my research these are all compatible but I just want to make sure. Also, I want to dual boot with windows but from what I've read I have to install osx then windows but I saw a video on youtube that installs windows first and then osx? Furthermore, how would I use my current hard drive with windows to fresh install osx? I can't format it externally because I don't have access to another computer. Usually I could do this during the windows installation where I can create partitions and whatnot right? That's why I wanted to install windows then osx like the video I saw. Lastly, does the mac app store still have yosemite for download?

So, how is the build coming along? Noob hackintosh here, doing a lot of reading for the moment.

I finally got all the components I need to work on my hackintosh so I spent all day trying to install it today. The installation is great and I get to see the desktop but after my first boot afterwards the screen becomes black. It probably has something to do with the fact I'm using a dedicated GPU (hd 7770) so I'm trying to smooth out the wrinkles.

I think it has more to do with the generation of the GPU itself, might be too new. What version of the OSX have you installed? I am still doing my homework, and gathering parts with good compatibility for SL. Namely GPU, I am getting a GTX 470, ditching the GTX 460.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back