Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gigabyte z77 up5th is the best option if you're looking for thunderbolt connectivity, and it's available locally. There's another gigabyte board with thunderbolt, (z77 d3h th i think) but IIRC, audio chipset is not fully compatible. H77n wifi is also available locally if you end up building a mini itx. Other than this two boards, all other gigabyte z77 boards here have VIA audio chipset, (d3h boards, I'm actually wondering why there are no ds3h boards in Singapore) which may require more work to get it functioning properly.

Simlim is the place to go if you're buying parts for your own build, more choices and better deals if you've done your research.

Thank you for the kind advice, and sharing your specs. I'll have a look at sim lim tomorrow if not the day after. I just hand out single A4 papers to people and ask em to email me the individual and bundle prices. Best deal I got so far, as you can see, was around SGD $2000. I'll have a look at these motherboards, and hopefully will start my build soon. But they just announced the new iMac yesterday! :) although I would have to wait till December for the 27-inch models, and it's SGD $1000 dollars more

Thank you for the kind advice, and sharing your specs. I'll have a look at sim lim tomorrow if not the day after. I just hand out single A4 papers to people and ask em to email me the individual and bundle prices. Best deal I got so far, as you can see, was around SGD $2000. I'll have a look at these motherboards, and hopefully will start my build soon. But they just announced the new iMac yesterday! :) although I would have to wait till December for the 27-inch models, and it's SGD $1000 dollars more

haha the new iMacs are very tempting, aren't they? but trust me, hackintosh is more fun...once you get it to work properly:headbang::headbang:

Hi I am also in Singapore,
and have been running my first i7 Hackintosh for nearly a year all parts are available from Sim lim Square, be warned shop around in there mainly on the 5th and 6th Floor, although some good prices are in bundles I have found you can get good prices on individual items if you are willing to haggle, I also built a mini hac i3 earlier this year, if you need any local advice in our time zone, drop me a pm we can chat

all the best

Dave

super happy to see you guys from singapore

fellow singaporean too ;)

Tony here, I too wanna do one Hackintosh.

any great advise for a non OC i7-3770, gt640 built?

which is a good budget mobo can get in SG and easy to get it runing?

Cheers

Hi fellas, got my 1st hackintosh up and running mid last year. Running well so far if not for the occasional freeze(havent pinpointed the culprit yet but it may be a wake from sleep issue)

Anyone got any lobang for compatible bluetooth dongles locally? Initially tried with a generic brand bought from Challenger but i got dropped signals quite a bit, and didnt think it can handle both a trackpad and keyboard simultaneously.

Anyway, im about to replace my GTX460 with a GTX 660 TI, was thinkin of gigabyte. Anyone has any idea where to get it for cheap? Initial price checks seem to put it ard the $479 sgd range

And its a welcome site to see fellow Singaporeans here :)

how to build inexpensive Mac machine in singapore?

i am new in this.

Freeridefilms, i am not able to pm you. do you have msn or skype?

I bought my Hackintosh on Dec 24/2010, from PC Themes Sim Lim Square. And got an Ikonik Soho 2 tower, which I dont think you can find here anymore. http://www.amazon.com/Logisys-IKONIK-SOHO2-10-Bay-Computer/dp/images/B008Y2CR0C. Ugly up front, but functional inside for the price.

At that time, there was only DVD install, not the current USB install method.

Thanks to Tony, followed everything from there. Used the DSDT downloaded from Tony's, and it goes wonderfully.
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.sg/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html

Ofcourse things like HDMI sound did now work. And did not know if PS/2 keyboard can be fix still. I like my old keyboard though. Audio out works, and mic etc.

When Lion and then Mountain Lion came along, I did not want to meddle with the partition. So I bought a super old 2nd hand SSD, to install Mountain Lion on. The SSD is so old, when I ran 'blackmagicdesign' Disk Speed Test, it writes 134.7MB/s and reads 343.9MB/s. Which is worst then 27" iMac 2012 Fusion Drive. So now just using the old Mountain Lion HDD partition as time machine.

Thanks to Tony once more, installed Mountain Lion with no hiccups into the SSD with Unibeast. Mobo is P55A-UD3R. Super old model by now. Great with Mountain Lion. Without the magic mouse though, never tested with any bluetooth. Motherboard is very bad when comes to RAM voltages and capacity. Used a wifi bridge with LAN port, did not have a USB wifi lying around. Wifi bridge is running tomato, so can switch it around when need changes.

Used to OSX by now, starting to hate Windows. But no choice, work related still using Windows.

Sure most list provided by Tony is Gigabyte, including the DSDT. So go for Gigabyte to be sure and simple. Then work up from there.

Had since upgaded to 16GB ram. Saw OSX is good in eating up to 10GB with no adverse problem. While win7 just munching on 4GB. And not doing anything with it.

Hi Guys! good to see some peeps here from Singapore!

planning to build one this sat. Been waiting this moment for ages. but now hesitating to build one due to the release of Haswell processors. read the discussion here regarding Haswell and they do not recommend for Haswell at the moment.

if everything goes well, i will be heading to sim lim this sat. budget will be SGD$1000 i know its kinda low but planning to upgrade one step at a time.

- Gigabyte z77x-UD3H + i5370k (i know this mobo audio don work. but its the best board i can get from sim lim. z77x-UD5H over budget. do recommend other boards if sim lim has it. the reason i chose this due to DP.)

- WD Black 1TB
- Corsair vengeance or G.skill 2x4GB
- Corsair TX650
- case still unknown.
- GPU planning to use HD4000 for the moment
- if got extra cash, will go Corsair H80i for OC.

any comments for the mention parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back