Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M 256 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, this is my first hackintosh build. I've done a lot of homework these past 3 weeks but some parts aren't available here in Singapore (surprisingly), and I'm still thinking of ordering them ( from either beijing or the states). If I buy all the components from one shop I'll get a bundle price, but I'm still considering ordering the parts separately if it comes down to compatibility issues or major price differences.

These are the parts and their costs (in Singapore)

• Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus V Formula:ThunderFX - SGD $549 (US $448.20)
  • Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 6 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80637I73770K - SGD $419 (US $342.07)
  • GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 Ti WINDFORCE 2X OC Edition 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express 3.0 2x DVI / HDMI / DP SLI Ready Graphics Card Graphics Cards GV-N66TOC-2GD -SGD $485 (US $395.95)
  • Cooler Master GX 750W Power Supply with Active PFC (RS750-ACAAD3-US) -SGD 159 (US $129.81)
  • Corsair Vengeance 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz PC3 240 Pin DIMM Memory CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 -SGD 169 (US $137.97)
  • HDD: WestenDigital 2TB Black - $255 (US $183.69)
  • SSD: ADATA 64GB - $109 (US $88.99)
  • ADATA 128GB - $169 (US $137.97)
  • Casing: Corsair 500R casing - $188 (US $153.48)
  • CoolerMaster 690 - $169 (US $137.97)

Hi, I'm also from Singapore and my hackintosh has been running trouble free for the past month or so. In my opinion, it's better to get compatible parts locally. I understand that the number of compatible motherboards available in Singapore is quite limited, but at least you won't have problems with warranty in case you encounter any issues with the parts.

that mobo is ridiculously priced.
isnt worth going for unless youre building a system mainly for looks (watercooling, custom case etc).

get a cheaper board

Thanks for the advice, I was looking at Funan found a 3 good shops there that would have the components. I might have a look in Sim Lim tower to see if I can get better offers, doubt it though. Did you assemble yours yourself? This is also the first time I'll be completely assembling a PC.

I was also thinking the same. Here in Singapore however, they are very limited with the variety of motherboards that have thunderbolt ports. Do you have any recommendations for such motherboards? I'll have to check if they have the stock in this country or not. I assure you it can be very irritating. Worst comes to worst I'll just have to order the motherboard online.
Thanks in advance

Gigabyte z77 up5th is the best option if you're looking for thunderbolt connectivity, and it's available locally. There's another gigabyte board with thunderbolt, (z77 d3h th i think) but IIRC, audio chipset is not fully compatible. H77n wifi is also available locally if you end up building a mini itx. Other than this two boards, all other gigabyte z77 boards here have VIA audio chipset, (d3h boards, I'm actually wondering why there are no ds3h boards in Singapore) which may require more work to get it functioning properly.

Simlim is the place to go if you're buying parts for your own build, more choices and better deals if you've done your research.

And to answer your question, yes this was my first time assembling a pc and building a hackintosh, and it was soooo much fun! My build was more like experimental "see if I can pull it off" kind of thing and thanks to tonymacx86 community, the whole process was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Warning though, hackintoshing is addictive, I need a fix and will probably upgrade my rig very soon.

that mobo is ridiculously priced.
isnt worth going for unless youre building a system mainly for looks (watercooling, custom case etc).

get a cheaper board

Pc parts in Singapore are really expensive. Very discouraging really for builders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back