Contribute
Register

First Hackintosh build going wrong in every way (Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone!

I have scoured the interweb endlessly before posting here as to not waste anyones time about my first Hackintosh build which just doesn't seem to want to work.

The components i have are:

• ASUS TUF Z390 - PLUS Motherboard
  • MSI ARMOR RX580 GPU
  • Intel i7-8700k CPU
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 2666 MHz
  • Samsung 250GB 970 Evo M.2 SSD
  • ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro
  • Kolink Core Series 700W 80 Plus Certified Power Supply
As well as a few Hard Drives which i was planning on installing later.

I have nearby tried every instillation tutorial going and have been met by all of these issues

- Select Boot from USB and then machine loses signal to monitor and i have to then force a shutdown.

- Install bar appears on a black screen with Apple logo and gets stuck exactly half way indefinitely.

- Install goes as far as formatting SSD through Disk Utility and then getting stuck on 2 minutes remaining.

- Install reboots several times, then gets stuck at 14 minutes remaining endlessly.

- Bootable USB takes me to a page with hundreds of lines of code and then monitor looses signal.

and finally...

- Computer recognises bootable USB, however when i get to the clover boot loader screen, the USB doesn't show.

Now i understand I am not as tech savvy as everyone on here, however I am most definitely not computer illiterate and completely baffled whether it is something i am configuring wrong on the USB or have i just bought completely incompatible components?

I have been trying to install Mojave and have watched and read well over 10 tutorials to no avail.

I have noticed that every tutorial seems to conflict in one way or another about certain BIOS settings so I am not sure if this could be my problem?

My questions, finally are...

Does anyone have a tried and tested tutorial using my (or similar) components that I could follow?

Are these components even compatible for hackintosh-ing?

Please can you help me before i pull my hair out?

Many thanks!

I've had many of the problems you've listed with my H370N. I was able to work through all the problems.

You need to boot with the -v switch. This allows you to see the console as your system boots.

The USB ports are not all initially configured correctly. Putting USBInjectAll.kext into your thumb drive USB partition could help, though you need to also add some stuff to config.plist.

An alternative to the USB configuration is to try different USB ports to find one that happens to be correctly configured. Also what works is to use a USB 2.0 thumb drive, though this is painfully slow compared to USB 3.0.

My system would not complete the installation unless when I formatted the Hard Drive/SSD, I used APFS rather the HFS+Journaled.

I've had many of the problems you've listed with my H370N. I was able to work through all the problems.

You need to boot with the -v switch. This allows you to see the console as your system boots.

The USB ports are not all initially configured correctly. Putting USBInjectAll.kext into your thumb drive USB partition could help, though you need to also add some stuff to config.plist.

An alternative to the USB configuration is to try different USB ports to find one that happens to be correctly configured. Also what works is to use a USB 2.0 thumb drive, though this is painfully slow compared to USB 3.0.

My system would not complete the installation unless when I formatted the Hard Drive/SSD, I used APFS rather the HFS+Journaled.

Perfect! Some good bits of advice there that i'm about to give a try. I have 4 USB 2.0 ports and 2 USB 3.0 ports at the back and have always been running the USB through the first one, but will try them all just in case.

Will update if i have any luck with these changes!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back