GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
EVGA GT 640
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I am looking to build my first hackintosh. It will mainly be used for recording/audio production. Logic, ProTools, Reason, etc. will be what I am mostly running. I will be using a firewire audio interface, but I think I have that covered with the TI Chipset firewire card included in my build.

Here we go:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3Ghz
CPU Cooler: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
GPU: GIGABYTE Ultra Durable VGA Series GV-R685OC-1GD Radeon HD 6850
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 240-Pin DDR3 1600
SSD: Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB
HD: Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM
PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W
Firewire Card: SYBA Low Profile PCI-Express 1394B/A Firewire Card Model SD-PEX30009

Thanks for looking and please let me know what you think!

I appreciate the help!

That will work great

misfitbum said:
Hi,

I am looking to build my first hackintosh. It will mainly be used for recording/audio production. Logic, ProTools, Reason, etc. will be what I am mostly running. I will be using a firewire audio interface, but I think I have that covered with the TI Chipset firewire card included in my build.

Here we go:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3Ghz
CPU Cooler: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
GPU: GIGABYTE Ultra Durable VGA Series GV-R685OC-1GD Radeon HD 6850
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 240-Pin DDR3 1600
SSD: Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB
HD: Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM
PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W
Firewire Card: SYBA Low Profile PCI-Express 1394B/A Firewire Card Model SD-PEX30009

Thanks for looking and please let me know what you think!

I appreciate the help!

looks great! everything is compatible so you should have very few issues

+1
:thumbup:

All good stuff--enjoy!!

Thanks for checking out my build!

I will be going along with this in the coming weeks.

Hi, good luck with your build. I'm eager to learn how your experience is.
I'm building one very similar so I won't bother with a new topic.

Just one question:
If build that system without the graphics card, and subsequently add one later would that be a smooth operation or something a little more difficult that should be done when installing OS X?

Once upon a time I had a Dell Inspiron 1525 Hackintoshed so I am not completely new to this.

Edit: Also the new Intel i5-3550 IVY Bridge is $4 AUD more expensive than the CPU mentioned by the OP. Worth upgrading to that or sticking with the i5 2500K for compatibility?

Coupz - I don't think I will be running any apps that need CUDA. I will read up more and double check. Thanks for checking it out!

Cassowary - You bring up some good questions and I'm not totally sure on them. Maybe someone will answer for us. I thought about using the Ivy Bridge in my build, but thought since it is newer that maybe Sandy Bridge would be a little more stable.

hey man, how did you do with your build.....
did you get to use the Z68 chipset mobo? I have heard there's some known issues with Protools..

thanks

Yeah I haven't started on this build yet. But I will update when I do.

Protools having issues with the Z68 chipset is troubling. Does anyone have any info on this???

Should I change my build and go with an earlier chipset to be more compatible for audio recording software???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back