Contribute
Register

First Hackintosh build. Clarification needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel DP55WG
CPU
Intel Core i5-750 @ 3.8GHz
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
SO.

Tomorrow I am going to assemble my first hackintosh, to be used mainly for video editing etc. But I need to ask some questions because I want to know 100% what I am doing when I install OSX.

Here are some (hopefully) helpful specs:
CPU - 6700K
MOBO - Gigabyte Z170MX Gaming 5
RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4, 2666MHz
SSD - Samsung 850 EVO
GPU - Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970
Monitor - LG 27MU67-B (4K IPS)
Network Adapter - TP-Link TL-WND4800 PCI-E Wi-Fi Adapter

Question 1: Multibeast or Clover?
I just can't wrap my head around these two. AFAIK, Multibeast is simpler, but Clover gives you stuff like iMessage and Handoff support. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty with Clover, I just need to know if I'm only supposed to use one, or both.

(And could one of you fine gents tell me the most fitting Mac Model to select in SMBIOS for my hardware?)

Or do they serve two completely different functions?

Question 2: When do I put in the graphics card?
Should I wait until I've installed the Alternate Nvidia Graphics Drivers, before putting the card into the rig and plugging my monitor into that? (Should I use onboard graphics during setup).

Also, do I need to select 'Inject NVIDIA when setting up the bootable USB in Unibeast? (I'm pretty sure the answer is no, as the 970 is not ancient, but I just wanna be sure.)

Question 3: Wi-Fi card driver installation.
How exactly are the drivers installed for Wi-Fi cards? External download? Multibeast? I simply don't know.

Thanks in advance.

Multibeast installs Clover as the bootloader so you will be in fact using Clover after completing Multibeast install.

You can try with the card installer but need to boot with nv_disable=1 boot flag until you complete the install and install the Nvidia web drivers. Once the Nvidia web drivers are installed you will switch to nvda_drv=1 boot flag (that can be permanently set in config.plist using Clover Configurator). Do not use inject Nvidia, it's for older cards

Search the model of your wifi in this forum

Ah, thank you very much.

I did some more research and realised that it used to be a choice between the two because Multibeast used to use Chimera, and Clover was an alternate solution. But once again, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back