Contribute
Register

First hackintosh - advise on compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
I finally decided to move from my 2011 MacBook air to a desktop solution, I will build an hackintosh soon and I need your suggestion/input on this build (I would like to have a full compatibility if possible)
- CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K
- Motherboard: GIGABYTE AORUS Z390I PRO WIFI
- RAM: HyperX 32GB KIT 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 Predator
- HD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB (I am planning to buy 2 of these, 1 for Hackintosh and 1 for Windows)
- Graphic card: ASROCK Radeon RX 5700 8G

I am not 100% in need of the graphic card so it may go out of the configuration

Any comment?
Is there something like wifi/bluetooth that won't work?

Thanks all!

Hello all,
I finally decided to move from my 2011 MacBook air to a desktop solution, I will build an hackintosh soon and I need your suggestion/input on this build (I would like to have a full compatibility if possible)
- CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K
- Motherboard: GIGABYTE AORUS Z390I PRO WIFI
- RAM: HyperX 32GB KIT 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 Predator
- HD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB (I am planning to buy 2 of these, 1 for Hackintosh and 1 for Windows)
- Graphic card: ASROCK Radeon RX 5700 8G

I am not 100% in need of the graphic card so it may go out of the configuration

Any comment?
Is there something like wifi/bluetooth that won't work?

Thanks all!

Don't expect the WiFi/Bluetooth included with the motherboard to work as it is incompatible with MacOS.

The RX 5700 is only supported on MacOS Catalina 10.15.1 and later.

If you take out the graphics card the system should be compatible with MacOS Mojave / Catalina.

Thanks for the answer @Jamesbond007!
Is there a wifi/bluetooth motherboard compatible? Or we always have to use adapter?
About the graphic card I can definitely wait.. as a generic question.. Are Nvidia graphic cards supported?

Thanks for the answer @Jamesbond007!
Is there a wifi/bluetooth motherboard compatible? Or we always have to use adapter?
About the graphic card I can definitely wait.. as a generic question.. Are Nvidia graphic cards supported?

As far as I see, none of the wifi/bluetooth modules included in any motherboards are compatible. You will need a compatible adapter to use these functions.

Current Nvidia cards are NOT supported in MacOS Mojave and Catalina due to lack of Nvidia drivers. Only cards based on the Kepler architecture (e.g. GTX 760) are still supported but these cards are from at least 6 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back