1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Specs:
Gigabyte X99-UD4
i7 5820K
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980

Hello,

This is my first time attempting to build a Hackingtosh and i've attempted to install El Capitan

I made the Unibeast flash drive changed the BOIS that i had the option to change (i couldn't find CFG - Lock)

then when i reboot into El Capitan i get the option to pick where i want to loads it from, i picked the USB it then loads a black screen with an apple logo for about 5/10 seconds then come a circle with a line through it like this Ø

I'm a complete Noob at this any help at all will be much appreciated

Thanks in advance,
Joe

@joe
There are many User Builds you can study to determine which boot flags etc. to use. Look for a
guide that uses Clover. http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.php?googleSearch=x99-UD4 5820k

With your X99 system, Yosemite really works much better than El Capitan does right now. If you
can install Yosemite that would be the best approach.

Hello,

thanks for the response, how would i go about obtain yosemite now that it is no longer on the app store?

Hello,

thanks for the response, how would i go about obtain yosemite now that it is no longer on the app store?

You would need to make the Unibeast installer with someone else's Macbook, iMac etc. that
has already downloaded Yosemite and has it in their applications folder. If you can't do that
then you'll have to use El Cap and do the best you can with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back