Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M-D3H
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 560
Hi Guys

I just put a (used, but new to me) gigabyte radeon 560 graphics card in my Hackintosh. I disabled internal graphics in the bios, and now I can get to the clover screen, I select "boot macOS install from install MacOS Mojave" and it gets to the screen below, and then reboots back to the clover screen. I have the USB stick in presently because I haven't yet figured out how to boot the machine without it. any tips? I'd like to see if this graphics card is any good, and if not, I can return it to the guy on eBay. he used it for mining. thanks!

I have attached my config.plist file, and also these are the kexts I have in my "other" folder: atherosE2200Ethernet.kext, FakeSMC.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, XHCI-unsupported.kext.

Attachments

• IMG_6431.JPG
    IMG_6431.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_6432.JPG
    IMG_6432.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 138
  • config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
I guess this is the next step, but I'm confused on what to actually do, it's a bit too technical for me...

what am I doing? here:

so I'm doing this:

To get started, boot up without any graphics related settings in your config file:
Clover: InjectAti=False (FBName/VideoPorts unnecessary)

I got this info from here:

"Boot to Black Screen
In most cases this means that you didn't disable all graphics related bootloader settings and this injection is causing trouble.
If you're sure you did, you're most certainly using a GPU which is known to boot to a black screen, e.g. Cape Verde or Tonga. Look here for GPU-specific workarounds: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.html#post1090801"

I'm stuck. I don't know where to make this change to my config file...I think it is already done and it's still not booting.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 4.41.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 4.41.42 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
I also tried to clear out the config.plist "graphics" section, but am getting the same problem.

Last edited:
Hi Guys

I just put a (used, but new to me) gigabyte radeon 560 graphics card in my Hackintosh. I disabled internal graphics in the bios, and now I can get to the clover screen, I select "boot macOS install from install MacOS Mojave" and it gets to the screen below, and then reboots back to the clover screen. I have the USB stick in presently because I haven't yet figured out how to boot the machine without it. any tips? I'd like to see if this graphics card is any good, and if not, I can return it to the guy on eBay. he used it for mining. thanks!

I have attached my config.plist file, and also these are the kexts I have in my "other" folder: atherosE2200Ethernet.kext, FakeSMC.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, XHCI-unsupported.kext.

I just put a (used, but new to me) gigabyte radeon 560 graphics card in my Hackintosh. I disabled internal graphics in the bios,
  • When you insert a known good PCIE Graphics card that has a good chance to work in Mojave as a Radeon Rx 560 [except the XFX brand that is known to have issues], the right BIOS options is what you have chosen.
and now I can get to the clover screen, I select "boot macOS install from install MacOS Mojave" and it gets to the screen below,

• The above may be quite clear to you, but to me it is a little bit confusing because your Post TITLE says
    First External Graphics card Installed, Now Won't Boot- Mojave
  • I read that as you have already installed Mojave on a Hard disk and now changed Graphics to a PCIE Graphics card
    • Is this Graphics Card change after a successful Macos Mojave installation on the hard disk?
    • Is this during an unsuccessful installation as a trial of Graphics card change hoping to fix a Graphics Related problem?
  • I see two images below this post.
  • One is a verbose screen showing the First screen we normally see during a boot, and if this is passed the disk booted would try to reach its destination unless another error occurs and if Verbose Mode is chosen usually we can see some text that can help to find a clue to the failure.
  • The second image is Clover Boot Manager screen with a single disk icon and that is the macOS USB Installer disk indicating it is about to be booted from CBM screen.
  • This screen indicates you have not Installed the System yet and goes against the TITLE of the Post and hence the confusion.
and then reboots back to the clover screen
  • This seems to indicate you probably did not have verbose boot screen and had some sort of a fatal error and boot loop occurred.
  • If it is indeed an attempted new install with a newly inserted AMD Radeon Rx 560 PCIE graphics card, as I suspected after seeing your CBM screen image with macOSMojave USB Installer icon, try the following to see what really happened when you booted the USB Installer from CBM screen:
    • Go to Options>Boot Args____ and on that line, type in -v dart=0 debug=0x100 keepsyms=1
    • Return to CBM screen
  • Boot the USB Installer and take picture(s) of verbose boot screen and upload.
  • Be prepared to get your CLOVER from the macOSMojave USB Installer that might be needed for the troubleshoot even after you do the above step.
  • You can find bulleted steps to upload CLOVER.zip from USB Installer's hidden EFI Partition here: #4

Thanks CMN. I'll post again when I get back into this, gonna just install windows for now, unfortunately. I really wanted this to work. maybe I'll buy a second HD and later mess around with it.

Thanks CMN. I'll post again when I get back into this, gonna just install windows for now, unfortunately. I really wanted this to work. maybe I'll buy a second HD and later mess around with it.
  • Without a Verbose boot screen image upload, I am unable to see what you saw on your Display screen when you tried the suggested steps.
  • Good luck with whatever you plan to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back