Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170x Designare
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I am a programmer and comfortable with messing with hardware. I am building my first Hackintosh workstation and would like it to be very stable (I don't mind waiting months for new OS updates).

So should I stick to exactly what is mentioned in the November guide for a CustoMac Pro?
- Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra OR Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare
- Core i7-6700K
- Corsair H60 (Water)
- EVGA GTX 960 Super Clocked
- Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (32GB OR 64GB)
- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
- Corsair RM 650x Watt
- Corsair Carbide 300R
- TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter (N)

I'll be using this workstation mostly for development work, Photoshop, etc. I don't game much but might be interested in trying out VR / build unity VR projects.

I am confused that there are so many posts on the Forum that do not stick to the list, so I wanted to know if this list is good enough for a stable system?

Last edited:
So does anyone have any idea? Should I use the list on the CustoMac Pro buying guide? Or should I pic one of the 'user builds' thread? Since stability is important to me, I was hoping to replicate something exactly to someone else's successful build.

Hi Nir.s,

I picked a lot of the same part and just posted as well in this forum, have a look over there.
The only difference in my setup is that I might go for a different GPU and I have picked the Corsair Carbide 400C case and I'm going for 2x 250GB samsung SSD's.

Other than that, you're setup (much like mine) are all on the tonymac list so I guess you shouldn't have any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back