Contribute
Register

First build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey.

I have been following this forum for some time now, and think that it will soon be my time to start a hackintosh build

I am starting from scratch.

I already have:
Corsair HX850 PSU
Crucial M500 480gb SSD for storage
Powermac G5 modded to full ATX
GTX 1060 3GB (for now)

For the buying part is where I need some advise. I'm am going for 16 GB of RAM, that is properly going to be 2x8GB RAM 3000-3600MHz. Brand and model according to the mobo manufacturers recommendation.
I am going for the i5 8600K.

But wish motherboard should I choose. I have been looking at a Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 or an Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming, which one should I choose, or do you have other recommendation?

I am going to use it for a Hackintosh of cource, but also for Windows 10, with my Education simulation software, and Gaming, properly like PUBG Or CS:go.

Do any of you know if the Samsung EVO 970 will work with the mobo, and If the Hackintosh can boot from it?
Or know If i can run two 970, one for Hackintosh and one for Windows?

Hope you guys can help a Hackintosh newbie :)

Last edited:
Feature-wise, the Gigabyte has more features, including Wi-Fi and Thunderbolt header. If pricing is the same, this would clearly be a better value than the Asus.

I've seen one report of success with a Samsung 970 EVO for macOS. There's no reason why it wouldn't work with Windows. Both of the motherboards you are looking at can accommodate one 970 EVO for macOS and one for Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back