Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, need to know if these parts will work with Snow Leopard 10.6.8.
All parts are picked from the March 2016 buyers guide and under OS's, Snow Leopard is there.. However i wanted to double check with you pro's making sure I'm doing the right thing and not wasting my money.
This hack will be used for audio production with Logic Studio 9 (most compatible with SL).

i7-4790k
GA-Z97X-UD7-TH (required thunderbolt for external audio interface)
EVGA GTX 960 4GB SSC 2.0 ACX

Thank you.

Hi guys, need to know if these parts will work with Snow Leopard 10.6.8.
All parts are picked from the March 2016 buyers guide and under OS's, Snow Leopard is there.. However i wanted to double check with you pro's making sure I'm doing the right thing and not wasting my money.
This hack will be used for audio production with Logic Studio 9 (most compatible with SL).

i7-4790k
GA-Z97X-UD7-TH (required thunderbolt for external audio interface)
EVGA GTX 960 4GB SSC 2.0 ACX

Thank you.

No, it isn't likely to work with Snow Leopard 10.6.8. Haswell isn't supported until Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and later (see http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/b...versions-of-os-x-using-older-chipsets.141225/).

No, it isn't likely to work with Snow Leopard 10.6.8. Haswell isn't supported until Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and later (see http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/b...versions-of-os-x-using-older-chipsets.141225/).

Thanks for your reply man. I came across that page previously and went through it.. Checked out the 10.6.8 section and got an idea of the parts, however I was hoping to build a machine with newer parts that support Snow Leopard, but also strong enough to edit 4k video (dual boot, adobe products).

So basically, not all the operating systems listed on the march buyers guide are supported? Excuse my ignorance but why are they there? i don't get it.. :/
I've researched all the parts (based off that guide thinking it would work) given my budget and checked their compatibility via pcpartpicker, all checked out.. But if the machine won't work, i'll have to take a different approach :problem:

Any buying guides or forum posts you know of that could point me in the right direction? Any help would be much appreciated, many thanks.

So basically, not all the operating systems listed on the march buyers guide are supported? Excuse my ignorance but why are they there? i don't get it.. :/

Not everyone is buying new parts - some people are building Hackintoshes with older hardware, and they need to know which versions of OS X are available too.

Any buying guides or forum posts you know of that could point me in the right direction? Any help would be much appreciated, many thanks.

No buying guide or forum post is going to add support to Snow Leopard (which is 5 years old now!) for newer processor architectures; only Apple can do that.

Not everyone is buying new parts - some people are building Hackintoshes with older hardware, and they need to know which versions of OS X are available too.

No buying guide or forum post is going to add support to Snow Leopard (which is 5 years old now!) for newer processor architectures; only Apple can do that.

Thanks for the info man, much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back