Contribute
Register

First Build: Very Low Memory Performance Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z77X UP5 TH
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi

First I'm really sorry for my bad english, I am really new here and I just successfully make my first Customac up and running by mostly follow DBP's "lammergeier" Guide. I also able to install GTX650ti with HD4000 using dual screen.

However after few day I try to benchmark my system using Geekbench (64bit) and find out that my Memory Performance are too low (around 3600-3700).

I already try to run the ram with single channel (using single ram and 2 ram sitting in different color slots) both cause the score went down to 1700-1800. This can confirm that the ram already run in dual channel?)

I also run memtest86+ both dim are pass successfully.

I try to search the forum for the answer and other system that use same ram (2X Kingston HyperX Blu 8G). The score is running at least 6000.

Now I remove graphic card and install fresh ML, the result still be the same.

Here is My System:

• CPU: Intel i7-3770K quad-core i7
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
  • RAM: 2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Blu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104301 (I purchase single package /one each)
  • SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
  • HD WD Black 1 TB
  • PSU: OCZ ZT 750W
  • Processor cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240
  • Firewire 800: Apple Thunderbolt-to-FW800 Adapter
  • CASE: Corsair Obisidian 650D

And here is my Geekbench score.
http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/36041

Please Help

According to that your system is running "16384 MB 0 MHz RAM". Is you RAM running at standard speed or over clocked. Check you bios is set to correct settings?

Also Geekbench 3 seems to return lower numbers than geek bench 2 did from memory.

Here is your RAM spec : http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/KHX1600C10D3b1_8G.pdf

Check with Kingston direct if this is single or dual channel. Not sure why anyone would sell dual channel sticks of RAM individually. They are normally sold in matched pairs.

Adrian B

Hi Adrian B

Thanks you so much for super fast reply.

I didn't overclock. I set the bios according to thelostweed's guide and DBP's guide. I only enable the XMP to profile1 the clock spedd is 1600 (1333 if disable). And now I running fresh OS no other programs and devices installed.

For the RAM I already ask seller whether it is dual channel. He told me that all the same just the package. If install 2 in the correct dim will run at dual channel. However I already try to run it with 1 dim and 2 dim with different color slot. Both result with 17xx geek score. So I assume that now it's run in dual channel.

So you suggest that I should try to replace the RAM with the one that sell in pair?

Hi Adrian B

Thanks you so much for super fast reply.

I didn't overclock. I set the bios according to thelostweed's guide and DBP's guide. I only enable the XMP to profile1 the clock spedd is 1600 (1333 if disable). And now I running fresh OS no other programs and devices installed.

For the RAM I already ask seller whether it is dual channel. He told me that all the same just the package. If install 2 in the correct dim will run at dual channel. However I already try to run it with 1 dim and 2 dim with different color slot. Both result with 17xx geek score. So I assume that now it's run in dual channel.

So you suggest that I should try to replace the RAM with the one that sell in pair?

I think that it is worth speaking to Kingston - see if you can send an e-mail asking for clarity. Sometimes sellers just want to say what makes people asking questions go away. I am not saying that this has happened in your case - but we all know it does happen.

It will also be possible to set the RAM speed manually in your bios, although I don't think it will make any difference in this instance.

Adrian B

Thanks you Adrain B for your suggestion. I already email to Kingston and wait for the reply. Moreover I will borrow dual channel ram and will test it again.

Any suggestion regarding bios setting that might cause the problem?

Thanks

I already got answer from Kingston the RAM are dual channel. And I also test my system with dual pack RAM (Corsair Vengence 16GB (8x2 1600 CL10) all score are about the same.

It's my mistake, all my information are base on google this forum and most of it using Geekbench 2. The cause of very low memory score is Geekbench version :banghead:.

According to the chart my system seem to be in average that I very satisfied.
http://browser.primatelabs.com/geek...platform:"Mac+OS+X"+architecture:x86+bits:64+

How ever if anyone that have similar system could post Geekbench 3 score, I would be appreciated.

My latest GeekBench 3 score GA Z77X UP5 TH - i3770k -GTX 650ti - Dual Monitor - 32GB
http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/43853

Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back