Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello
I'm totally new to hackintosh and did my first build. I'm on Mojave 10.14.5.
I'm running into thunderbolt audio distortion issues on my apollo twin mkII.
Internal Soundcard is working fine, as well the optical output.
Also the hackintosh doesn't like it when I switch from 96 kHz to 44.1 kHz on the uad console.
If there's already a solution I didn't found it so far, thanks for give me a hand.
If there's any more information of my coffee lake build you need for helping, let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers, Micha

Last edited:
After doin more research I found that it's UAD Apollo related. When changing the sample rate in the DAW there may occour distortion, the solution is to select another output device in the DAW and switch back to the UAD Soundcard, distortion gone.

Hello
I'm totally new to hackintosh and did my first build. I'm on Mojave 10.14.5.
I'm running into thunderbolt audio distortion issues on my apollo twin mkII.
Internal Soundcard is working fine, as well the optical output.
Also the hackintosh doesn't like it when I switch from 96 kHz to 44.1 kHz on the uad console.
If there's already a solution I didn't found it so far, thanks for give me a hand.
If there's any more information of my coffee lake build you need for helping, let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers, Micha
Hello,
I saw your post and your hackintosh system. I'm interested to purchase a uad interface and i'm searching to build a new hackintosh. My question is if everything is ok with thunderbolt, i'm a little behind on that topic and i knew many users who had problems in the past years. Can you inform what was your experience so far ?
Thank you :)

Im still very interest if the Z390 M matx board works with the GC titan ridge to support thunderbolt with 20gb/s. Just in case anyone tried that

Hello,
I saw your post and your hackintosh system. I'm interested to purchase a uad interface and i'm searching to build a new hackintosh. My question is if everything is ok with thunderbolt, i'm a little behind on that topic and i knew many users who had problems in the past years. Can you inform what was your experience so far ?

I'm working with apollo silver face, apollo twin and satellite, all is working good so far. The only thing is the hot plug is not working. I have to power up all thunderbolt devices then the computer.

I'm working with apollo silver face, apollo twin and satellite, all is working good so far. The only thing is the hot plug is not working. I have to power up all thunderbolt devices then the computer.
That's awesome, if the cards work flawlessly then the hot plug its the least thing that doesn't "work"
One more thing which vega do you have? i mean which brand.

@mishumix hey there, I have the same board as you and cannot seem to get my Apollo working in Mojave 14.6. It connects but doesn’t make any audio. Would you mind sharing your EFI so I could take a look at it?

Here it is. It's also about the version of the bios and it's configuration. Could be that thunderbolt hot plug is not working properly on your system. Check out if it works to turn on your tb devices before starting up the computer. cheers

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.3 MB · Views: 249
Here it is. It's also about the version of the bios and it's configuration. Could be that thunderbolt hot plug is not working properly on your system. Check out if it works to turn on your tb devices before starting up the computer. cheers
Awesome! Thanks so much!

I'm about to buy an apollo twin x4 with a titan ridge pcie to connect it to my MB aorus pro wifi z390 ... Any suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back