Intel 10th gen i9 10900k
Graphics
Radeon
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What’s up everybody?
Seeing if somebody can offer some expertise as this is my first attempt at building a hackintosh.

I work in music production and mix music with lots of so that’s the main priority is running Catalina with thunderbolt support, speed, and quiet.

I would like to install windows on it as well to support gaming. I don’t need the best graphics card as I seen some really expensive recommendations but something that is solid and can possibly even support vr.

budget is between $1600-$1800

Current build list
CPU - 10th gen i9-10850k or 10900k

Motherboard - gigabyte z490 vision D (or anything that supports thunderbolt out of the box)

Ram- crucial ballistix 64gb. Maybe 128

Storage - samsung 970 evo plus 1tb Mac OS, 500gb Windows

Video card - undecided

hope someone can help, thanks

Last edited:
Video card - undecided
Good luck finding any new AMD graphics card selling at retail prices. They don't exist anywhere I can buy them. You can use an older still supported Nvidia card as a placeholder until prices come back down to earth. When they do, replace it with a new AMD card then. Even 4 year old RX 570s/580s are going for 200-300 dollars over retail now.

One of these GT730 cards (fanless) could fit in as a place holder for you.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R5UW038/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

If you can use integrated UHD 630 graphics that is another option. CaseySJ says to avoid that approach in his Golden Build guide for the Z490 Vision D.

Last edited:
Good luck finding any new AMD graphics card selling at retail prices. They don't exist anywhere I can buy them. You can use an older still supported Nvidia card as a placeholder until prices come back down to earth. When they do, replace it with a new AMD card then. Even 4 year old RX 570s/580s are going for 200-300 dollars over retail now.

One of these GT730 cards (fanless) could fit in as a place holder for you.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R5UW038/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

If you can use integrated UHD 630 graphics that is another option. CaseySJ says to avoid that approach in his Golden Build guide for the Z490 Vision D.
Thats exactly the problem I have been running into, nothing is in stock aside from third party retailers taxing to make a buck. Thanks for the info!

Thats exactly the problem I have been running into, nothing is in stock aside from third party retailers taxing to make a buck. Thanks for the info!
Here's a clue as to why this is. Look at the #3 and #4 bestsellers in graphics cards on Amazon.

Screen Shot 5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back