Asus TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING
CPU
Intel Core i5 9400
Graphics
MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello everyone,

First time building a hackintosh, looking for advice on the parts that I have selected (using the buyers guide ofc.). It will be mainly used for Photoshop/Illustrator etc. with a bit of gaming on the side. It's going to have Dual Boot with Windows 10. Will the following setup work (well)?

CPU: Intel core i5 9400
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT (2x 8GB)
M.2 (dual boot): Samsung 860 EVO (2x 250GB)
HDD: WD Blue WD10EZEX (2x 1TB)
PSU: Corsair TX-M Series TX650M V2
Mobo: Asus TUF Z390-PLUS Gaming

Only the PSU is not from the Buyers Guide list as hardware sellers don't sell the ones in the guide where I live. It's actually the only part I'm a bit unsure about.

Any advice on improvements is very welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone,

First time building a hackintosh, looking for advice on the parts that I have selected (using the buyers guide ofc.). It will be mainly used for Photoshop/Illustrator etc. with a bit of gaming on the side. It's going to have Dual Boot with Windows 10. Will the following setup work (well)?

CPU: Intel core i5 9400
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT (2x 8GB)
M.2 (dual boot): Samsung 860 EVO (2x 250GB)
HDD: WD Blue WD10EZEX (2x 1TB)
PSU: Corsair TX-M Series TX650M V2
Mobo: Asus TUF Z390-PLUS Gaming

Only the PSU is not from the Buyers Guide list as hardware sellers don't sell the ones in the guide where I live. It's actually the only part I'm a bit unsure about.

Any advice on improvements is very welcome!

Thanks in advance!

The build should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina.

As long as the power supply unit can power up your system it is going to work, so I don't think you need to worry.

The build should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina.

As long as the power supply unit can power up your system it is going to work, so I don't think you need to worry.
Thanks a lot! Now I can start with confidence!

I'm actually building it as I post this @dlgoodchild! I'll keep you posted! I think that as long as the PSU can power the stuff you have then it's fine. I'm not sure though!

@Inuthedog, great. I had success, eventually, and have only 2 relatively small issues.
How did things go with your build?

Just having some post installation issues. Did run multibeast, but it won't boot from the ssd just yet!

Just having some post installation issues. Did run multibeast, but it won't boot from the ssd just yet!
I had exactly the same issue, when booting from USB worked and loaded fast, via SSD it wouldn't boot beyond the apple logo and the progress bar would advance at a snails pace.

Remember to apply the ASUS_ACPI patch to the SSD for starters.

Maybe checkout my full post you might find something useful in there: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...and-nvram-support.275272/page-28#post-2112221

I'll be updating it later with the Windows dual boot experience/process.

I had exactly the same issue, when booting from USB worked and loaded fast, via SSD it wouldn't boot beyond the apple logo and the progress bar would advance at a snails pace.

Remember to apply the ASUS_ACPI patch to the SSD for starters.

Maybe checkout my full post you might find something useful in there: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...and-nvram-support.275272/page-28#post-2112221

I'll be updating it later with the Windows dual boot experience/process.

How did you apply the patch? I found this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-for-boot-hangs-after-bios-update-acpi-patch.275091/

Tried to merge the patch using terminal, searched around for some other methods but I have found no success atm

Download the patch from post #1 here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...0-14-6-and-nvram-support.275272/#post-1940477

It'll be a .zip

Extract it and save it to your user home directory, so ~ (or /Users/yourusername).

Use Clover Configurator, and under Tools section on the left, select "Mount EFI", find the EFI on the SSD and mount it.
Then try doing:

Code:
$ cd ~
$ /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ASUS_ACPI :ACPI:DSDT:" /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

If that command doesn't work do ls -al /Volumes and try to work out where your EFI has been mounted if it wasn't as EFI.

What I did every time was to ls -al /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist before and after the patching to ensure it had taken effect. You should see the filesize increase by some 300 bytes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back