Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I am new at the world of hackintosh but I've been trying to read up on the forums for quite some time now to understand what I am supposed to be doing. I've posted a few times before but I just need some clarification before I start ordering my parts.
I will be trying to make this build
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/11/ ... uyers.html
but my question is that it is a Lion OS build I currently have a Snow Leopard OS disk and was hoping to be able to use it with this build. If this is not compatible with this build please let me know any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-much thanks-

If it's compatible with Lion, it should at least be partially compatible with SL. At Least enough to upgrade to Lion. Go for it! :thumbup:

Thanks for the feed back I'm totally doing to start ordering the parts. I juat wanted to make sure I never attempted this before and just am a bit nervous about it lol.

atomictoyrobot said:
Thanks for the feed back I'm totally doing to start ordering the parts. I juat wanted to make sure I never attempted this before and just am a bit nervous about it lol.

Calm down, you will need patience. Do not be afraid of failure, just embrace it, then overcome it.

I'm also on the verge of crossing the Rubicon to go Mac .... I am a bit of a noob , even if I built up my current pc some 5 years ago with Windows XP system .

I have been reading this blog for a couple of days now but I still have tons of doubt : I do currently have no access whatsoever to a Mac. If I understood well , you need such an access in order to prepare a Unibeast key to start things up. So what is the way to go ? (I want to stay on the legal sides of things..)

Note: I am still in the process of deciding for my future hardware configuration. It will probably be an Ivy Bridge. But I am still holding things up until I understand fully the process, especially as mentioned above, I do not have access to a Mac.

Thanks a lot for all your contibutions in that quest.

While Unibeast is the ideal way to get your Hack up and running there is another option. You can buy a copy of Snow Leopard and use iBoot to install it. Then go into the App store and get Lion and upgrade that way. However Unibeast is the best method out there to get current but there's nothing wrong with going with Snow Leopard first. Snow Leopard is available on disc whereas Lion can be purchased from Apple on a USB drive for $69. you can use the thumb drive to create a Unibeast installation but then there's this little conundrum. The kitty is $29. The Lion upgrade in the App Store is $29. I think you see what I'm getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back