Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z490 ProArt-Creator 10G
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX580
I just finished up my first Hackintosh build! Thankful for everyone on this forum for getting me here. I am experiencing a handful of issues I'd love to get some advice on:
**attaching EFI folder**

1. Hackintosh boot problem - When pressing the power button, the Asus motherboard splash screen appears, then the open core booter appears, and automatically attempts to boot. When it automatically attempts to boot Big Sur, the lines of "code" disappear after 5 seconds and the screen goes black. Nothing happens after that. The only workaround I have found is if I stop open core from automatically booting by cycling through the options for 5-10 seconds, then I attempt booting, everything boots up just fine.

2. Is there any way to bypass the motherboard splash screen, open core boot screen, and the "lines of code" at startup? So it will just be power button -> apple logo?

3. My thunderbolt 3 monitor will not wake from sleep. I noticed this has been a common issue, but I have not found updated fixes. For now, I don't allow the computer to sleep.

4. My wifi is running pretty slow. Also, the ethernet connection is showing "self assigned IP but no connection"

Specs:
-NZXT H510 case
-Asus Z490 Pro-Art Creator 10G MB
-Intel i9 - 10850K
-Corsair Ballistix 64GB RAM
-Samsung 970 EVO Pro 500GB m.2
-Sapphire Radeon RX580 8GB
-Big Sur 11.6
-OpenCore 0.7.4

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I don't really know the ins and outs of using a thunderbolt 3 monitor, but if you are interested in treating the symptom, you can change the "timeout" property to delay the automatic booting from the open core picker to 10 seconds so you don't have to catch it manually. as for booting straight to the apple screen, short of somehow hacking your bios to show an apple logo, you might be out of luck. I boot in verbose mode and just accept the fact that my "Apple Experience" only starts when the Login screen comes up. It looks like you haven't gotten OpenCanopy set up. It will replace your text based boot picker with a nice looking very Mac like graphical one. I wish I had a suggestion for the ethernet problem. hopefully someone manages to help you with that.

edit: You've got 2.5gb ethernet. This requires a kernel patch in your config.plist to get working. It is documented in the opencore guide. Hopefully that allows you to get an IP from your router.

Last edited:
2. Is there any way to bypass the motherboard splash screen, open core boot screen, and the "lines of code" at startup? So it will just be power button -> apple logo?
Asus splash screen: See BIOS options.
OpenCore boot screen: Disable picker—but it seems you rather need to display it for 10s or more.
"Lines of code": Remove boot-arg '-v'. But don't do it until you're satisfied that the hack is complete and trouble-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back