MSI Z570 Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello,

I want to start my first build. Every component is in my shoppingcard, ready to buy. But is this setup possible to succesfully run full mackintosh on it? I searched for the same build on thins forum but couldn't find it. This is my setup:

= MSI MPG Z490m Gaming Edge WiFi
= i7 10700k
= Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse
= samsung 970 evo 1tb

Also, do you guys have a guide i can follow for this build??

This build is definitely compatible but is pretty cutting edge. In a few months there will probably be more experience with the 10th gen builds.

This site has yet to publish an official guide for 10th gen. I am also purchasing parts for a build and hoping they will have a solid guide available before the end of the year. In the meantime there is a lot of incredibly useful information here and elsewhere, including "golden" user guides. You just need to hunt around to find it all. Here are a few threads that I would suggest reading:

(that's the best thread so far)

Do a search for "z490" on this site and you will see more threads which may have some relevant clues to your build. Most of them refer to the Dortania guide for setting up OpenCore:

From the pieces you listed for your build, the CPU and GPU should be compatible. The SSD as well, though with Samsung 970's you need to be sure you are on the latest/current firmware. There are many recommendations for SSDs other than Samsung, whose controllers are more MacOS friendly and also run with cooler temps. The Sabrent Rocket SSDs are ones that keep getting positive mentions, they have great reviews outside of this website, and are frequently on sale for less than the Samsungs.

I don't know about your board. Most threads I have found here are for either Gigabyte or Asus boards, so I am personally going to stick to those for my own build since there are more people here who might be able to help with questions.

Good Luck!

Hello,

I want to start my first build. Every component is in my shopping cart, ready to buy. But is this setup possible to succesfully run full macintosh on it? I searched for the same build on thins forum but couldn't find it. This is my setup:

= MSI MPG Z490m Gaming Edge WiFi
= i7 10700k
= Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse
= samsung 970 evo 1tb

Also, do you guys have a guide i can follow for this build??
Your build should be compatible with MacOS Catalina and the upcoming Big Sur. But personally I would choose Gigabyte or Asus motherboards if I want to run MacOS.

You cannot use the tools on this site to install MacOS on your build which is based on Intel 10th generation hardware. Unibeast as it is currently designed does not work with 10th generation hardware. If you want to do this now you will have to use OpenCore as bootloader.

thanks for all the replies! I already read some of youre links. I will wait for black friday for buying the parts and start my build! I see it will not be the easiest way to get it done. I'm up for the challange

Going to change the setup!

MSI z570 gaming pro carbon wifi
AMD ryzen 7 5800x or 9 3900x
Sapphire rx 5700 xt nitro +

Last edited:
Going to change the setup!

MSI z570 gaming pro carbon wifi
AMD ryzen 7 5800x or 9 3900x
Sapphire rx 5700 xt nitro +
Using ryzen will be the hardest thing to get working. For your first build, it might be wise to use intel. Also make sure you look at the disadvantages and be certain that none of them bother you.

Using ryzen will be the hardest thing to get working. For your first build, it might be wise to use intel. Also make sure you look at the disadvantages and be certain that none of them bother you.
What disadvantages are you referring to? I know it will be an hard build. But with following the guides step by step it has to work properly. I will using it for photo and video editing. So AMD has an big advantage for this.

What disadvantages are you referring to? I know it will be an hard build. But with following the guides step by step it has to work properly. I will using it for photo and video editing. So AMD has an big advantage for this.
You are switching to a Ryzen build? Be aware that Adobe applications are known to have problems with Ryzen hackintoshes, and if you are going to run Adobe applications you probably should avoid using Ryzen to run MacOS.

What James Bond said. Also Virtualization doesn't work, so if you plan on using Parallels, that will be an issue. I also don't have first hand experience with Ryzen, so hopefully someone will chime in with some upsides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back