Gigabyte H370M DS3H
CPU
i5 8400
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello everybody,
My goal is to build a mATX hackintosh with similar specs to the newly released 2018 mac mini, for around $600 and with the option of adding a dedicated GPU in the future. I was wondering if anyone has had success in building a similar system or has any recommendations of hardware I should use. I have linked a picture below with parts I plan on using as of now and would appreciate any feedback about anyone's experience with these parts or any tips to help me complete the hackintosh setup. I will be buying the parts around Black Friday and will post again, after I attempt the build, with my results. Thanks!

318523-cd9fba2d646b4123417ba03dfe2e44c9.jpg

Last edited:
That looks like an interesting build and definitely similar to what I am going for. I was wondering if there were any major differences in our motherboard as his is slightly cheaper. Also, he doesn't mention anything about WIFI or Bluetooth on his system. Do you know if the WIFI adapter I linked above should work well in my system? Thank you!

You will need to type out the models of the motherboard and WIFI adapter that you are looking for to enable me to give you an answer. If they are listed in the Buyers guide then you will be fine.

Here is another WIFI and BT option- works out of the box, it has been often difficult to find, but works well in macOS. much cheaper than the OSX WIFI model.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lso-available-at-newegg-com-for-54-99.252863/

https://www.osxwifi.com/product/pc-...94360cd-802-11-a-b-g-n-ac-with-bluetooth-4-0/
Thank you. This option seems better than the one I originally chose as it includes Bluetooth also. Do you think I am making the right decision with the Gigabyte Z370M motherboard? It doesn't have HDMI 2.0 but I can't seem to find any mATX that do

Apple supports HDMI 1.4

If you want 4K support, then add a compatible graphics card, an AMD RX 560 from any manufacturer except XFX - use DisplayPort output to support upto 4K resolution. You can find active Displayport to HDMI adapters on Amazon and many other online vendors if required.

The above featured Gigabyte board is good quality and should be good to run macOS with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back