i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630 + RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone.

Would like to seek some advise for my own first build.
I am planning to build a hackintosh for music software, with the following specification:
1. Mobo GA-z270-HD3
2. Processor i5-7600
3. Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2x8GB
4. SSD Corsair from second hand old hackintosh build running 10.7 and Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3-B3.

My question:
1. Can I use the onboard graphics instead of buying separate GTX1050 card? I assume, the usage will be more processor heavy (music production) thus will not require much of graphics card processing power?
2. Can I use the old SSD with MacOS 10.13? Or should I better invest in new SSD?
3. Any potential compatibility issues with the above builds?

Thank you so much for any advise given.

Hello everyone.

Would like to seek some advise for my own first build.
I am planning to build a hackintosh for music software, with the following specification:
1. Mobo GA-z270-HD3
2. Processor i5-7600
3. Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2x8GB
4. SSD Corsair from second hand old hackintosh build running 10.7 and Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3-B3.

My question:
1. Can I use the onboard graphics instead of buying separate GTX1050 card? I assume, the usage will be more processor heavy (music production) thus will not require much of graphics card processing power?
2. Can I use the old SSD with MacOS 10.13? Or should I better invest in new SSD?
3. Any potential compatibility issues with the above builds?

Thank you so much for any advise given.

(1) Yes, you can use integrated CPU graphics with MacOS Sierra or High Sierra.
(2) Yes, you can use your old SSD.
(3) I see no compatibility problems.

(1) Yes, you can use integrated CPU graphics with MacOS Sierra or High Sierra.
(2) Yes, you can use your old SSD.
(3) I see no compatibility problems.

Thank you for your response. I have succesfuly finished my first build using the above component, with using Samsung 850 EVO 250GB. Thanks again.

Now, moving to the other discussion for post installation problem of hackintosh keep powering up after shutdown.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back