Contribute
Register

First Build for Music Production

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for the double post

Last edited:
Thanks for that! My only question is that it appears that you are using the Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 only to load the OS, then switching to the internal graphics. It would seem , unless I'm missing something, that is a pretty expensive tool to use to load the OS.
Good point, and it certainly would be if I bought it only for that. It was left over from a prior build and I had it available for use. I wasn't sure if the iGPU would work, but was reasonably certain that the RX 580 would work OOB. In the end, everything installed without a hitch, I got the iGPU working, and decided that I needed WIFI and BT more than better video. Since I'm not a gamer, the lackluster video performance is not a problem. I am a little less than pleased about Gigabyte whitelisting the CNVi interface, but I knew that going into the build.

If you would like BOTH decent video and WIFI/BT, @Gigamaxx suggestion of ASUS, AsRock, or MSI might be a better fit.

That is a better solution for me. Built in wifi is probably good enough. For some reason I was under the impression that built in wifi was not compatible with these builds. part of the learning process I suppose.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back