-
CPU
Intel i3 8100
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everybody!
Before I begin, I want to congratulate this community for their efforts to help each other in mac building. :clap:

I want to build my first low budget mac to use only with Ableton 10
Have a:
i3 8100 Coffee Lake 3.6ghz (want to use it with his internal graphics)
X2 Western Digital 240gb SSD
X1 Hyper X FURY 8GB RAM DDR4
I have an external interface (Presonus) to make this sound.
I still don't buy a motherboard because I don't know which one is better in compatibility issues and that there is availability in my country. (I hear recommendations / experiences about this).

I want to know if this project is worth it and if I can fulfill the daw function that I want to give it.
Which version of osx is better in terms of stability to carry out this function?
I am very excited to start the project, I look forward to your response!
Thanks for the attention :wave:

Last edited:
Hello @xdescendentx,

The best motherboard for Hackintosh at the moment (February 2020) for i9 9900k is gigabyte Z390 Designare.
comes with dual thunderbolt ports and lots of USB 3 ports. Runs Mojave and Caitlina smoothly.

you can see lots of builds on this forum and in youtube.

Motherboard link : https://www.gigabyte.com/in/Motherboard/Z390-DESIGNARE-rev-10#kf
Thanks for your recommendation!
I was analyzing it and it doesn't fit into my budget. I was researching and what seems like a good alternative (and that comes into my budget) is the Asus Prime Z370A, do you think that it will go well with the i3 8100 and its integrated graphics? Seems to be good and its ok to upgrade to a intel of nine gen in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back