Contribute
Register

First Build Compatability List. PLEASE HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel Core i5-4690K
Graphics
GeForce GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am looking at building a hackintosh, and then using the clover bootloader. I am not sure how hackintosh friendly my parts are, (parts list down below). Should I include the GPU, or should I just use the Intel HD4600 graphics instead? This is an extremely budget build, so if I didn't have to pay the extra $90 for a dedicated GPU, that would be great. Also, could I go with a H81 motherboard instead of a Z97?I chose the Z97 because it seems that its chipset is the easiest to get to boot. Any suggestions are extremely appreciated.

Parts List:
Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
Processor- Intel Core i3-4360
RAM- Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (I was planning on going with the Corsair Vengeance, but this was recommended in the buyers guide)
Graphics Card (Right now it is kinda optional)- EVGA GeForce GT 740
Boot Drive- Corsair Force LS 60GB SSD
Power Supply- Rosewill Stallion 600W Modular
Wifi Card- TP-Link WDN-4800

Personally I would go with the B85M-HD3 or H97 from Gigabyte for a budget motherboard, but there is also the H81, so you can check out all 3 options and see which one suits you best. The HD4600 graphics would probably work just fine with the B85 or H81 boards. There is an issue around the 9 series due to Apple using the earlier 87 chipset on the newest 5K resolution iMac.

Some of the comments on this thread are also worth reading through:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/118150-building-budget-haswell-build-how-low-can-you-go.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back