Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-X79-UD5
CPU
Graphics
GTX 680
Hello everybody!

So after reading this forum for a while now I finally built up the courage to build my own hackintosh. I just finished putting it together yesterday and was hoping to get it running today....however I can't even get to the first step. Help!

When I press the power button it takes a couple seconds, but the first (and only) screen that comes up is a black screen with the text "reboot and select proper boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_"

Any key I press just ends up with that message being repeated. I don't get any sort of MOBO Startup screeen to change my BIOS prior to trying to boot it with iBoot etc. I hope this is a beginner question haha

Here's what I am running-

Intel 3930K
Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5
GeForce GTX 660 Ti
G-Skill Ripjaw 4GB RAM for initial boot
No HDD or SSD connected for initial boot
Corsair 850 AX
Corsair H100

Long story short, how do I get the MOBO Startup Screen to show up?

Thanks in advance for any help, I will continue to search the forums.

-George

Never mind, I just pressed delete about a million times and it came up. I think the issue was with a lag in the monitor. =)

goodiepocket

yes the universal key - delete - is what is used - some MB manufactures have F10 and F12 as well as F2 -

Suggest you read this link as you have a GB MB - Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards ( some of the info may apply to your X79 )

http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

Do a Google search on these terms "gigabyte ga- x 79-ud5 + Snow leopard" you should get a lot of hits

cut copy paste into browser - the info between the quotes.
read them - many are on the TMX86 forums,

Not sure what your target OSX version will be -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back