Contribute
Register

First build - Based on Deluxe buyers guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am about to start my first Hackintosh build and was planning to just use the March 2014 "Deluxe" components list from this site. Is there a good step by step guide for the buyers guide ?

I have built a couple of PC’s before, but then moved to Mac a few years back.

I have a Mac Mini at the moment, but no good for gaming in dual boot mode. I would love a new MacPro however, what what I read even if I spent the money the graphics card is pretty useless as its designed for workstation use rather than gaming.

My requirements are

1. PC Gaming - So was going to run 2 x SSD drives. One with windows and the second with Mac OS. I will be playing Battlefield 4 etc. I was planning on going with the Geforce GTX 770 2gb Graphics card rather than the one on the buyers list, got the impression the GTX 780 was not easily supported?

2. Mac OS. A mix of general usage and some basic video editing / encoding. Minecraft gaming.

The only extra items I was going to order was a couple of fans and heatsink that was not on the buyers list.

Any suggestions or us the Deluxe build a good start ? Ideally Budget was around £1k and based in the UK. Planning to buy everything from Amazon, In the past I have used Scan / Overclockers / Novotech.

Thanks

Step by step guide: search for setup threads here based on the model of motherboard. Most steps to a successful hackintosh revolve around the motherboard. Nearly the same importance is your GPU. Look for threads with people successfully setting up/using your GPU of choice.

First, check out the Golden Builds and User Builds forum sections.

Then, review the Mavericks Desktop Guides forum section.

You should get a good idea of the amount of work needed to build the CustoMac Deluxe system after reading how other folks fared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back