Graphics
no graphics card - using onboard graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm doing a new build with an MSI Z170A-G45 Gaming and 6700k (disregard the other build in my sidebar).

I've got El Capitan installed thanks to the tips in this guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-4-skylake-starter-guide.193628/). There's just one oddity. The first time I boot up the computer, after the Clover screen, I see the Apple logo, then the "prohibited" sign (circle with a line through it). However, if I then hit the physical restart button, and let it boot again, it boots into El Capitan just fine.

I've tested this several times and this is the constant pattern. First boot fails, subsequent boots work fine.

Any ideas why this would happen? Any suggestions for a fix?

(My flash drive is not plugged in anymore, so the Hackintosh is doing this all by itself and is not relying on Clover on the flash drive.)

I'm hitting this in my first build and here is what I have found. When you are at the clover screen hit the spacebar and use the down arrow to select the verbose boot option. Hit return and take a screenshot with a phone when it spits the dummy. You will likely see a final message along the lines of 'sleeping for 10 seconds' which is the command equivalent of the prohibited sign.

Try waiting for 15 seconds or so and hitting return it should then try to boot again, which saves you the bother of having to power cycle. You may have to do the cycle of wait and retry a number of times. Same procedure works works when you see the prohibited mode.

Now back to that screenshot. Have a look at http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/b...pitan-install-problems.173991/#CategoryFreeze to see if anything there is applicable for the errors you see

I'm doing a new build with an MSI Z170A-G45 Gaming and 6700k (disregard the other build in my sidebar).

I've got El Capitan installed thanks to the tips in this guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-4-skylake-starter-guide.193628/). There's just one oddity. The first time I boot up the computer, after the Clover screen, I see the Apple logo, then the "prohibited" sign (circle with a line through it). However, if I then hit the physical restart button, and let it boot again, it boots into El Capitan just fine.

I've tested this several times and this is the constant pattern. First boot fails, subsequent boots work fine.

(My flash drive is not plugged in anymore, so the Hackintosh is doing this all by itself and is not relying on Clover on the flash drive.)

Have you found something ? I have the same problem. Tried with OsxAptioFixDrv & OsxAptioFix2Drv, updated to the latest Clover. The system is doing fine except for that bug. I have a MSI Z170A Krait motherboard.

I never solved it and have since given up on it and moved to another system. See Terse451's response above, which included some useful tips to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back