Nvidia GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,

I'm having some Mavericks Desktop installation issues. Let me start with my build:
CPU: Intel 4670K
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
GPU: AMD R9 280

I followed the unibeast installation guide with the following changed settings in my BIOS:
xhci mode = auto
xhci handoff = disabled
init display first = pcie
internal graphics = disabled

I can get into the installer and install Mavericks just fine, but I get stuck on my first boot up. The last line is:
**gpu hardware vm is enabled (multispace: enabled, page table updates with DMA: enabled)
I tried booting with -v and maxmem=4096 and dart=0. Still no luck.

I was able to boot into safe mode with -x and complete the new Mac registration, but still can't boot up without -x. My monitor is 2560x1600, so I'd like very much to display the full resolution, not something like 1024x768 low res.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

EDIT: Used -x to boot into safe mode, complete new Mac registration. Now upon reboot (even with -x), I get a kernel panic that mentions "a free zone element has been modified" in it. I can post a screenshot, if necessary.

Hi you are not alone with this problem I have some of the same specs as you apart from the graphics card which is a 7970 but I believe from research that the r9 280 is just a rebrand of my 7970 and my motherboard which is a gigabyte z87x d3h.

can anybody notify me if there is an update

Thanks

I have the same problem too, anyone a idea?

I am having the same issue. I built a hackintosh for my friend and after he accidentally did one of the apple updates and now he can't get it to boot. It was stuck at "missing bluetooth controller transport!" so I had him do the fix for it posted here which I had seen posted in various other places. Now it is stuck at what OP has posted. Can any one respond to this (slightly outdated) topic?

I too am having the same problem with a Radeon 7950.

Same issues here:

Gigabyte X99 board
Gigabyte R9 380X

We have a GTX 730 we're using to test everything else and that card works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back