Contribute
Register

First Billyjackintosh Build w/G3 case mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the Video card installed just waiting for my SSD's to get back from RMA

Here are some Photos of the vid card ill try and get some better shots and post them

its a Galaxy GTX 670 .... and dont mind the background clutter im in NM at a friends place so my workshop isnt available lol

So far this is what i have.

Gigabyte GA-Q77M-D2H motherboard
Intel i7 3770k socket 1155
32 GB Gskill PC3-10700 F3-10666CL9-8GBXL
Galaxy GTX 670 4GB
Antec 550w PSU
WD 500GB HDD
2x OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD (still on RMA)
Corsair H60 water cooler (Mod'ed for case)
Aerocool easywatch Fan Controller
3.5" USB card reader
lite-on 8x slim dvd burner
tp-link TL-WDN4800 PCIe x1
Mac G3 B&W tower case

IMG_1041.jpgIMG_1037.jpgIMG_1038.jpgIMG_1039.jpgIMG_1040.jpg

Computer is looking great with the new graphics card. I saw a while back you were questioning about the front panel that you dremeled out. I had an idea that I was possibly considering on mine. It was the get some of this rubber edging:
http://www.customcargrills.com/products.asp?cat=45
Just an idea that would clean it up a little bit.

Sweet, im going to try that out I think that would make the edges look clean. Thanks for the Idea!!

Also Newegg has/had a dremmel kit on sale for 30$ or so, for anyone that might be looking.

I think frozencpu sell that edge molding as well.
I got some for my Cube projects but it was too thick where I needed it to be.

I will check into those places, man i cant wait to get back to Texas where my workshop is so i can start finishing up the mods, and i have a couple of new ideas from chatting with everyone to implement.

Update on the OSx install and RMA SSD's.

My friends at Landsun Computers in Roswell NM are hooking me up with a 2.5" sata HDD that was pulled from a apple laptop with lion installed on it (wonder if there would be any chance of just plugging that in and it working lol, prolly not). So i can format that and hopefully will be able to Install osx this weekend!.

My RMA OCZ vertex 4 SSD's Arrived at my House/Workshop in Texas today. To bad im going to be in NM for another week (Oct 1st ill be back to TX)

P.S. Thanks again Dario @ Landsun Computers!
http://www.landsuncomputers.com/
lslogo.png

Finially got some time to work to complete my G3 Build!!!

Please excuse my ghetto workshop setup atm i have a knack for turning just about any room into a computer workshop!! lol

New Additions,

-Installed my SSD's i got back from RMA
-VGA Watercooling installed
**Bummer :crazy: my painted power supply went out so i have replaced it with a Thermaltake 675w (not painted yet)**
-Still need to work on Cable management im still working out the ideal way to sort the cables so nothing is in a bind in the tight case
-Still working on sorting out the front panel speaker ( i think the front panel audio is out on the motherboard. not a deal breaker but ill figure something out)
-added white case fan
-Also instead of painting the new PSU (not sure if the paint i used caused it to fail although i took good care to cover all openings the first time) i will be building a cover something similar to a G5 processor cover, at least that is the idea i have floating around in my head lol

Attachments

• IMG_1047.jpg
    IMG_1047.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 502
  • IMG_1048.jpg
    IMG_1048.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 476
  • IMG_1049.jpg
    IMG_1049.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 500
  • IMG_1050.jpg
    IMG_1050.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 495
  • IMG_1051.jpg
    IMG_1051.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 487
  • IMG_1052.jpg
    IMG_1052.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 516
  • IMG_1053.jpg
    IMG_1053.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 518
  • IMG_1054.jpg
    IMG_1054.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 937
Some Better shots of the Vid Card Water Cooler

New Addition Parts List:
Arctic Accelero Hybrid Vid card water cooler
Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w modular PSU
OCZ Vertex 4 128 GB SSD

IMG_1054.jpgIMG_1055.jpgIMG_1056.jpgIMG_1057.jpgIMG_1058.jpgIMG_1059.jpg

Really nice mod!
What kind of tubing did you use for your H60 mod? (thickness and length?)
I'm working on a G4 Hack and didn't know that the H60 tubes were waay too short lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back