Contribute
Register

First Billyjackintosh Build w/G3 case mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paint Shop, lol my urber noob skills as a painter but i think it will all be good, have a few more parts arriving this week hopefully... i think i finially reached the midway point of the project

Attachments

• IMG_0933.jpg
    IMG_0933.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,317
  • IMG_0934.jpg
    IMG_0934.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 978
  • IMG_0936.jpg
    IMG_0936.jpg
    1,005.4 KB · Views: 820
Nice start, but I do not think you will be able to use a full sized drive in the machine. If you want to go with a drive I'd go with a laptop drive and mount it with a bracket of some type. There are other builds out there that have done that. On my Sawtooth Build I had to cut the tray where the original drive carrier sat to make room for the power to the Logic Board. Which you will have to do too because I can see that it is touching the plug. Also find a 120mm fan to go in the same place as the original. Temps in the G4 cases without that fan run into the danger zone. have it so it exhausts the air out like in the original config as well. Another reason for going without a DVD Drive is you can out an 60-80mm fan on that shelf to blow air over the board and add circulation to the inside of the case.

Definitely check out other G4 builds on here to get an idea for cooling before firing it up. The last thing you want to do is kill something you put a ton of work into.

I used this bracket with my G4 build thats in my sig

http://3btech.net/bydrbaytrbrm.html

all I had to do was drill the screw holes on the bottom of the bracket to match the holes on the optical drive bracket.

I used a sata optiarc dvd burner drive that originally was for a inspiron dell and a micro sata converter cable to supply power to the drive and the sata connection.

Paint Shop, lol my urber noob skills as a painter but i think it will all be good, have a few more parts arriving this week hopefully... i think i finially reached the midway point of the project

Looking good to me, I'm digging the solid white you're using for the metal parts.

dam wish i would have seen your post earlier in the week lol,

i have this item otw from new egg,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817998058

along with some optical drive and some other stuff , also had to get a fan controler since mother board only has two fan slots,

got some better fans otw, this is really becoming a fun build i cant wait to start a g5 upgrade lol :headbang:

im going for a modern classical look, if that makes any since lol, blue on white keeping it old skool but i have a surprize in store, well at least i think its cool i keep posting picks of my progress!

Thanks again for all of your Advice!!!

:thumbup: man i cant wait to start getting the guts in side this micro beast lol

Paint is Dry and here is a sneak preview....

still need to do some minor touch ups on the paint but you can get a feel for the look i am going for....

Looks better in person lol

Attachments

• IMG_0940.jpg
    IMG_0940.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 786
  • IMG_0942.jpg
    IMG_0942.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 650
  • IMG_0943.jpg
    IMG_0943.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 658
  • IMG_0944.jpg
    IMG_0944.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 677
  • IMG_0946.jpg
    IMG_0946.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 652
  • IMG_0945.jpg
    IMG_0945.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,543
  • IMG_0947.jpg
    IMG_0947.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 647
You painted the power supply blue?!!!! Awesome!!! I cant wait to see the rest!

Just got some more parts in today will be posting more progress photos soon!

LOL on a side note i ordered two OCZ Vertex 4 128gb SSd's (one for osX and other for Win) plugged them into my comp to update the firmware before i installed them in the billyjackintosh and Holy begeeze!!

SNAP!,... ZZZZtttttZZ , *SMOKE* SMOKE*,,, SPARKS!!!! :shifty:

both of them fried i never seen that happen before (read about it happening but never seen it in person lol) i was freaking out.. pretty much yanked the power cord out of the wall lol

well i shipped them back today to get replacements so wont bee but a few weeks till i get the RMA's... but i have some sata HDD's that im gona use untill those get replaced...

Also wanted to thank everyone for the positive notes!! you guys Rock!

That's an absolutely great looking mod! :thumbup:

Whish I would have painted mine thoroughly like you did.

Can't wait to see the final result :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back