Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,

I'm running OSX86 on an EVGA SR2 board with TI chipset firewire card and ATI XFX Radeon 6950 Gfx card.

The problem is I can only get the 6950 working with full acceleration in SL 10.6.8 or Lion 10.7.2 but the firewire will only work in SL 10.6.0

After I install 10.6.8 SL so that the ATI works properly, The firewire disappears and I get 'unable to list devices' or in Lion 'unable to list devices' or any other OS after 10.6.0 upwards but the downside of using SL 10.6.0 SL is I can't get any ATI accelertion working so i'm stuck.

Oh and i loose the DVD Drive in anything above 10.6.0 which is frustrating also, could do with figuring how to fix this, if any has any suggestions!

Else the main problem if the firewire, does anyone know how to sort out the firewire in 10.6.8 or Lion 10.7?

I have literally been installing operating systems for the past few weeks trying to fix this but have no other ideas. i'm pretty new at this, any suggestions would be much appreciated?

Thanks v much

Hi all,

I have switched out the ATi for a Nvidia Quadro 4000 which is working sweet in 10.6.8 however still facing the firewire problems, can anyone put anything to this as to why this might be happening?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back