CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all, just got my first Hackintosh up and running, only to realise my (6-pin) firewire Audio Interface has nowhere to go on my new motherboard.

I'm looking to get a PCIe firewire card so that I can use my firewire audio interface - it's by far the cheaper option, rather than buying a USB audio interface.

Model identifer: iMac 18,3
Mobo: ASUS Maximus IX Hero (z270 chipset)
CPU: intel i7 7700k

can I pretty much go with any firewire PCIe card that is compatible with OS X? Or am I 'screwed' by the fact that I'm running High Sierra on relatively modern gear?

thanks

You can buy any TI chipset PCe Firewire card. I recommend DIGITUS if you find.

I use the above also with no issues ^

hockeycrush, are you running 10.13.1 on your ROG Maximus hero? Im still having issues getting mine running correctly with web drivers after the update..

I use the above also with no issues ^

hockeycrush, are you running 10.13.1 on your ROG Maximus hero? Im still having issues getting mine running correctly with web drivers after the update..

I am indeed my friend. I just tried responding in full here but the moderators deleted it for presumably being off topic. I wrote out a lengthier and more indepth guide to what I did here. (still undergoing moderation at the time of this post). Let me know if it works for you in that thread!

edit: apparently mods didnt deem my thread worthy. Sorry man

Last edited:

well, I received my SYBA SY-PEX30016 and strangely enough it doesn't seem to fit in the motherboard, but by only a hair. It juts out too far to the right by a fraction of a centimetre. It looks like I can even try to force it in, but I don't want to. I may tryto buy the SD-PEX30009 instead and return this one.

Hi Stork, I have a question about your Firewire PCIe card & sleep / wake issues. When my hackintosh goes to sleep, my new SYBA Firewire PCIe card (which works great) goes to sleep too, disabling my Firewire audio interface, which my old Mac wouldn't do (the lights on the interface would remain on during sleep).

When I wake up the hackintosh, the lights come back on, but the audio interface ceases to work. It's only upon restart that it works again. Have you had any similar issues, and if so, how did you address them?

Thanks

hockeycrush, I don't believe I've ever put my system asleep with Firewire peripherals attached and running. My usual mode of operation with those systems is to shut the system and turn off the peripherals. I'll have to try it in the next couple of days and let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back