Graphics
nVidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I built my Hackintosh a few months ago, I have based it on an old HP Pavilion a6434f machine. It works great, but my firewire doesn't work. It works on Windows 7 but not Mountain Lion. System Profiler doesn't see it, but an app I downloaded called System Info does. This is what I learned about my computer from the app:

Screen Shot 2013-05-18 at 11.36.34 AM.png
I only see a little bit of information.
Agere Systems FW322/323
Ven ID: 11c1
Dev ID: 5811
(Firewire IEEE 1394)

Is it possible to just install a kext and the firewire will work? If so, I haven't found a kext that applies to me.

I built my Hackintosh a few months ago, I have based it on an old HP Pavilion a6434f machine. It works great, but my firewire doesn't work. It works on Windows 7 but not Mountain Lion. System Profiler doesn't see it, but an app I downloaded called System Info does. This is what I learned about my computer from the app:

I only see a little bit of information.
Agere Systems FW322/323
Ven ID: 11c1
Dev ID: 5811
(Firewire IEEE 1394)

Is it possible to just install a kext and the firewire will work? If so, I haven't found a kext that applies to me.

I'm using an older Mobo Siemens D2608-A11 (Core2Quad) and everything is working on 10.7.5 and i really mean EVERYTHING! I got the same Agere Systems FW322/323 device. I don't use a DSDT, i just cloned my MacbookPro's SSD, installed myH4ck and edited all needed kexts, so i'm not sure if it works on MountainLion with a DSDT. Anyway, you just need to add the DEV ID to the kext's Info.plist.

Change the following lines in IOFireWireFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleFWOHCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist

from

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
<string>0x0c001000</string>

to

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x581111c1</string>

fix permissions, recreate the kernelcache with e.g. kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions/

and you should be good to go.

Cheers,
m41k

Edit: Forgot to mention that you have to use the kernel flag -f to get the kext loading at boot, or just add it to the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist or the org.chameleon.Boot.plist but first try the com.apple.Boot.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back