Contribute
Register

Firewire interface problem, startup kernel freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
motherboard or system make & model # > See Rules!
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

Just built a new hackintosh for my music studio this summer, and allthough it's been amazing, I've had some problems with the firewire interface.

The problem:
After install of Yosemite (10.10.5), everything works GREAT for about a month. Then suddenly one day when I start up the computer, a kernel panic message appears before I reach the login screen. Last time this happened, I didn't find a solution, so I re-installed Yosemite, and everything was great again.

For about a month more. Then the same thing happens! I've searched around this forum and googled elsewhere, but cannot find a solution.

This ONLY happens when the soundcard interface (a Steinberg firewire interface) is on. When I turn it off, everything is normal and works perfectly.

Sometimes, using verbose mode at bootup, it will boot to the login-screen, and I can log in and use the computer (including the soundcard) for some minutes, but then a kernel panic message appears again and freezes the computer.

My hardware:
ASUS Z97-A
I7 4790k
Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1600MHz 16GB
Samsung 850 EVO 256gb SSD
TP-Link TL-WDN-4800
ASUS DVD-writer DRW-24F1MT
Seagate Barracuda 3TB

Firewirecard:
Sunsway / ST Lab PCI FireWire 3+1P
PCI 1394a 3+1 Ports (TI)
Ordering Code: F-330

Does anyone have any ideas, or solutions?

I'm attaching some images of the error messages.

Best regards,
Magnus

Attachments

• IMG_6479.JPG
    IMG_6479.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG_6477.JPG
    IMG_6477.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_6478.JPG
    IMG_6478.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 149
Hi, have you found a solution for this issue yet? My very similar hackintosh also freezes with my firewire Focusrite liquid saffire 56... It's become a major issue.

Cheers
Sarel

Hi!

Just built a new hackintosh for my music studio this summer, and allthough it's been amazing, I've had some problems with the firewire interface.

The problem:
After install of Yosemite (10.10.5), everything works GREAT for about a month. Then suddenly one day when I start up the computer, a kernel panic message appears before I reach the login screen. Last time this happened, I didn't find a solution, so I re-installed Yosemite, and everything was great again.

For about a month more. Then the same thing happens! I've searched around this forum and googled elsewhere, but cannot find a solution.

This ONLY happens when the soundcard interface (a Steinberg firewire interface) is on. When I turn it off, everything is normal and works perfectly.

Sometimes, using verbose mode at bootup, it will boot to the login-screen, and I can log in and use the computer (including the soundcard) for some minutes, but then a kernel panic message appears again and freezes the computer.

My hardware:
ASUS Z97-A
I7 4790k
Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1600MHz 16GB
Samsung 850 EVO 256gb SSD
TP-Link TL-WDN-4800
ASUS DVD-writer DRW-24F1MT
Seagate Barracuda 3TB

Firewirecard:
Sunsway / ST Lab PCI FireWire 3+1P
PCI 1394a 3+1 Ports (TI)
Ordering Code: F-330

Does anyone have any ideas, or solutions?

I'm attaching some images of the error messages.

Best regards,
Magnus

Using wrong System definition. Use iMac 14,2. Kernel Panic looks like its relating to Avid software. Have you tried booting without Fibre enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back