CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
Nvidia GT 120
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Hello guys,

I've just updated my Mountain Lion hack to Yosemite in order to install Protools 12 (OS 10.9 minimum). Everything worked perfectly with ML but since I've updated the OS to Yosemite there are some issues with the audio (which the computer is dedicated for) : every 20sec 1 distortion and just after 1 audio drop-out occurs when I play music (Safari, Chrome, a DAW, or whatever on my computer) and when I record there are some clips (which are in the recorded audio) and their number is correlated to the buffer size (32 samples = a lot, 2048 = less but still) and the more the sound is strong when recorded in the DAW the louder the clips are.

I have a Focusrite SAFFIRE Pro 24 DSP (Firewire) connected to this PCIe FW card : https://www.conecticplus.com/carte-firewire-pcie-2-ports-externes-firewire-400-1-interne-4000.html with a VIa VT6315N Chipset (which was working perfectly with ML).

Asus P8Z68 V Pro
i5 2500 K
OCZ Vertex SSD 120 Go
12 Go Ram
FW Pcie Card with Chipset VIa VT6315N

I tried to install FW and audio kexts from my Macbook Pro with ML with Kextbeast but didn't do anything, reinstall the last update of the app of focusrite, but I wonder if it's not the Chipset of the Pcie Card which doesn't work well with Yosemite...
Maybe a mistake but I let the Focusrite interface linked to the computer during all the process of the installation.

Any ideas ?

Thank you!

Paul

Hello guys,

I've just updated my Mountain Lion hack to Yosemite in order to install Protools 12 (OS 10.9 minimum). Everything worked perfectly with ML but since I've updated the OS to Yosemite there are some issues with the audio (which the computer is dedicated for) : every 20sec 1 distortion and just after 1 audio drop-out occurs when I play music (Safari, Chrome, a DAW, or whatever on my computer) and when I record there are some clips (which are in the recorded audio) and their number is correlated to the buffer size (32 samples = a lot, 2048 = less but still) and the more the sound is strong when recorded in the DAW the louder the clips are.

I have a Focusrite SAFFIRE Pro 24 DSP (Firewire) connected to this PCIe FW card : https://www.conecticplus.com/carte-firewire-pcie-2-ports-externes-firewire-400-1-interne-4000.html with a VIa VT6315N Chipset (which was working perfectly with ML).

Asus P8Z68 V Pro
i5 2500 K
OCZ Vertex SSD 120 Go
12 Go Ram
FW Pcie Card with Chipset VIa VT6315N

I tried to install FW and audio kexts from my Macbook Pro with ML with Kextbeast but didn't do anything, reinstall the last update of the app of focusrite, but I wonder if it's not the Chipset of the Pcie Card which doesn't work well with Yosemite...
Maybe a mistake but I let the Focusrite interface linked to the computer during all the process of the installation.

Any ideas ?

Thank you!

Paul
Hi, are you still around?
Were you able to solve this issue as I'm experiencing the same with a Focusrite Saffire 40 PRO and a Syba (TI) Firewire Card in MacOS High Sierra?

Hi, no it didn't solved, I changed my sound card for a professional one but working with RJ45 connection, and there was a similar problem with the integrated RJ45 port of the MB. So I bought a TP LINK PCIe Ethernet card and it did the job pretty much.
Maybe you can try an other FW Card, give it back if it does not work, at least you will be able to know if the problem is the hardware or the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back