Gigabyte Z68 XP-UD3
intel I7 2600K
8go ram 1333 ddr3 Corsair
ocz 600W modXstreamPro
Sapphire Ati Radeon HD 5770 flex 2Xdvi-hdmi-display port
Ssd 60go Corsair force sata3
Pioneer dvr-219

Everything is ok, thanks you Tony !!
But Firewire 400 is not recognize, can you help me.
Need to us specific Multibeast option or Dsdt ?
Thanks.
Best regards

Somebody have a Firewire 400 working on Gigabyte motherboard ?
Thanks.

Re: Firewire 400 problem and Gigabyte Z68 XP-UD3

powertouch said:
Hello
My new hackintosh :
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
intel I7 2600K
8go ram 1333 ddr3 Corsair
ocz 600W modXstreamPro
Sapphire Ati Radeon HD 5770 flex 2Xdvi-hdmi-display port
Ssd 60go Corsair force sata3
Pioneer dvr-219

Everything is ok, thanks you Tony !!
But Firewire 400 is not recognize, can you help me.
Need to us specific Multibeast option or Dsdt ?
Thanks.
Best regards

Your motherboard uses a VIA chip for the Firewire ports, which may be why you have problems with it.

My old EP45-UD3L does not have Firewire onboard, so I have installed a PCIe x1 Firewire card which uses a Texas Instruments chip, and it works fine. I also tested another PCIe x1 Firewire 800 card which also uses a Texas Instruments chip, and it also works fine.

So I suggest you may consider getting a PCI/PCIe x1 Firewire card which uses a TI chip and it should work under both Snow Leopard and Lion.

Hello Jamesbond007
Thanks you for your answer.
When i have 5 minutes i'll buy Firewire 800 card from TI.
I'll tell you if it working.
Best regards.

@Jamesbond007

Do you have any specific card suggestion with Texas Instrument chip?

I have the same mobo and a system already running on Lion.

I was thinking about the Lacie card (http://www.lacie.com/ca/products/product.htm?id=10333), but since you have it working i am interested to know what's your card?

Cheers

Re: Firewire 400 problem and Gigabyte Z68 XP-UD4?

I am looking at GA-Z68XP-UD4 for firewire 400, does this have the same problem with VIA chip? I want a SL machine, not Lion.

Re: Firewire 400 problem and Gigabyte Z68 XP-UD4?

kNewton said:
I am looking at GA-Z68XP-UD4 for firewire 400, does this have the same problem with VIA chip? I want a SL machine, not Lion.

Yours has the VIA VT6308 chip as well.

sillyflip said:
@Jamesbond007

Do you have any specific card suggestion with Texas Instrument chip?

I have the same mobo and a system already running on Lion.

I was thinking about the Lacie card (http://www.lacie.com/ca/products/product.htm?id=10333), but since you have it working i am interested to know what's your card?

Cheers

I believe Firewire cards from Belkin uses TI chips, though I am not absolutely sure. The Lacie card I think also uses TI chips but you can try asking them first.

I bought my cards via eBay from a local supplier and I am not sure of the brand.

Just to dig up an old thread ;), mine is working with my self-powered external hard drives (someone suggested that problems are mainly with unpowered peripherals).

Two issues, though:
- can't make a Firewire network (but it was a pain in the arse with reals Macs, anyway :thumbdown: )
- have the FireWire "GUID ffffffffffffffff is invalid" error cluttering the Console after waking up 10.6.8 (haven't checked if disks are still working — couldn't also check in ML as sleep/wake doesn't work, there)

I adopted a "solution" which consists in disabling Firewire in the BIOS, for the sake of Console logging :mrgreen:, and will reenable it if I ever need to access my Firewire drives, as this will be pretty rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back