Contribute
Register

Firewire 1394 PCI/Adaptors????

Status
Not open for further replies.
djmikeyc said:
Does anybody know of any Firewire adaptors working OOB for Hackintosh Build?

Mobo - GA-P55-USB3 Rev2
CPU - i5 760.

With the GA-H55-USB3 I am using, successfully, the SIIG NN-400012 (note: there is an -S8 version which is newer, I have not tried it).

It is an older card, which I had laying around.

I just picked up the SIIG NN-FW0012-S1 after reading that many people around the forum had good luck with it.

It seems like my system can see it in System Profiler, but as soon as I plug in a drive and turn it on, my system goes into kernel panic.

Im wondering if it is just my mobo... sending it back to try the Dynex DX-PCI2PF

There are many threads on the forum that address this question. Please use the forum's search function to research your question before posting.

OK. To answer your question, see my build description for an OOB FW800/400 PCI-e card. Scroll down almost to the end of the description to where I discuss Add Ons. If you need a PCI only card, I've a link to Other World Computing site where you'll see all the available FW cards.

Stork said:
There are many threads on the forum that address this question. Please use the forum's search function to research your question before posting.

OK. To answer your question, see my build description for an OOB FW800/400 PCI-e card. Scroll down almost to the end of the description to where I discuss Add Ons. If you need a PCI only card, I've a link to Other World Computing site where you'll see all the available FW cards.

:thumbup:

Adaptec PCI Firewire 400 card TI chipset (works out of box)

w6vms said:
djmikeyc said:
Does anybody know of any Firewire adaptors working OOB for Hackintosh Build?

Mobo - GA-P55-USB3 Rev2
CPU - i5 760.

With the GA-H55-USB3 I am using, successfully, the SIIG NN-400012 (note: there is an -S8 version which is newer, I have not tried it).

It is an older card, which I had laying around.

I am using the same card I think. SIIG NN-400P12. Works OOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back