Intel HD 4400
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello All,

This is my first post ever on tonymacx86! This site has helped me make my fully functional hackintosh laptop and I just wanted to give something (if anything) back. Hopefully this is somewhat helpful and not too messy.

My Toshiba P55W-B5220 is a fully functional Hackintosh!

View attachment 153028 IMG_6204.jpegIMG_6205.jpegIMG_6206.jpeg

The Specs:

• Intel Core i5-4210U Processor 1.7GHz - 2.4GHz Turbo
  • 8GB DDR3L-1600 RAM
  • 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
  • Dual Band Wireless-N AC
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • 15.6" Full HD TruBrite LED-backlit IPS Display

The Setup:

• Yosemite 10.10.4. (I do plan on updating to El 10.11 eventually)
  • Clover Installation (only choice really)
  • Windows 10 Dual Boot

What Works:

• The 15.6" TOUCHSCREEN. There isn't great support for a touch screen on OS X at all but it's neat to see. Ink does show up in the Preferences pane and I can do handwriting recognition if i really wanted to.
  • Integrated Graphics
  • Audio - Voodoo HDA--i might improve this later
  • Touchpad with small multitouch support such as two finger scrolling and gestures. Elan touch pad driver aka SmartTouchPad. I highly recommend that you change the configurable touchpad settings with in the kext--the default makes no sense.
  • Keyboard with some special fn keys working. I used BetterTouchTool to map some fn keys to certain things such as volume up and down. It works for now.
  • Brightness with the DSDT patching brightness fix
  • Camera
  • HandOff (I rarely use it though)
  • All OS X features so far (iMessage, iCloud etc, idk if this isn't usually the case)

What didn't (or doesn't) work:

• Wifi/bluetooth adapater - had to replace it with NGFF BCM94352Z. I bought mine used off of eBay for $90 USD (ouch)
  • A slow HDD - it drove me insane. Please buy an SSD.
  • Sleep/wake - sometimes it doesn't wake up from sleep but this is something I am really just too lazy to fix
  • Various sensors: acclerometer, light sensor

The Price:
So it's always fun to see if you can get a cheaper computer with specs just as good as a real mac. My laptop is comparable to the late 2013 Macbook Pro with i5s in it.

My hackintosh has an ultrabook i5 with integrated graphics, 8GBs of RAM, 500GB SSD, and a beautiful 15.6" (touch)screen. I bought it refurbished and open-box from Microcenter for...

$429.99 USD
+ $90.00 WiFi/Bluetooth adapter
+ $159.99 SSD
=
$700 USD Hackintosh vs $1000-1300 Macbook Pro

A few (unorganized) thoughts:
I have owned a macbook air recently and I have to say that the experience on the hackintosh is close to what it is like to actually having a mac, but it's not a perfect OS X experience. The touchpad of a mac is infinitely better than any other touchpad ever. However, the elan touchpad driver I'm using is really nice for being made by the hackintosh community. Two finger scrolling works with inertia. Three finger swipe
up opens mission control (however this is triggered like a keyboard shortcut). Three finger swipes to the left and right also switch between full-screen apps. Pinch to zoom works like a keyboard shortcut...

If you're hackintoshing this machine DUAL BOOT. The thing has a touchscreen and it works best in Windows. In fact, I mostly use this machine with windows because the experience is better with the software it was designed for. I only use OS X for some web development type of tasks, Sketch, and Xcode. Windows 10 for everything else!

I installed VMWare Fusion and ran my physical Windows 10 partition in a VM. To my surprise, everything booted. I can even detach the touchscreen from the host OS X and hand it off to Windows to handle for a very nice seamless experience. It's a bit slow so I really prefer to use it natively.

The laptop is very easy to open and service. Nothing (well besides the CPU) is glued in there so you can upgrade almost anything: RAM, HDD (which I did), Wifi/bluetooth card, etc. It's great!

Build quality is decent but no where near as nice as a MBP.

The display isn't bad at all. It's way better than 13" Macbook Airs but it falls short of Macbook Pro retina displays.

If I run the iOS Emulator, does my laptop turn into an iPad????

Conclusion:
This was fun. :D :D :D It was very challenging troubleshooting this machine to run OS X but I got it working and it fits my needs. If more people request it, I might make a guide to install and configure everything to work with the laptop.

Thanks! I hope this was somewhat interesting!

Good afternoon, I was wondering if you don't mind me asking exactly where can i find the kext for the touch pad. I have the same exact computer, you are right in regards to the wifi and blue tooth may order the same card soon. well thank you in advance.

Hey, I've got a very similar toshiba (P55W-B5224). Pretty sure the only difference is i7 vs i5 processor. And I'd like to hackintosh it for my wife. Could you tell me how you did yours? Like what files you used and whatnot? The only other laptop I've done was the Elitebook 8460p I'm writing this question with and I know those are famously easy to hackintosh. I've been unable to find a guide for it.

Hey, I've got a very similar toshiba (P55W-B5224). Pretty sure the only difference is i7 vs i5 processor. And I'd like to hackintosh it for my wife. Could you tell me how you did yours? Like what files you used and whatnot? The only other laptop I've done was the Elitebook 8460p I'm writing this question with and I know those are famously easy to hackintosh. I've been unable to find a guide for it.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

First, thanks for this post, I have been waiting for someone to do this laptop!!! I have the P55W-B5224, I have installed El Capitan, I have everything running except handoff and WiFi/BT. I purchased the Dell DW1560 WiFi/BT card, as recommended, I get the WiFi icon, it shows in system, but won't turn on. I'm just wondering if you can share your config.plist file and what you used for your wireless/WiFi kexts.

Thanks!!

Hello All,

This is my first post ever on tonymacx86! This site has helped me make my fully functional hackintosh laptop and I just wanted to give something (if anything) back. Hopefully this is somewhat helpful and not too messy.

My Toshiba P55W-B5220 is a fully functional Hackintosh!

View attachment 153028View attachment 153030View attachment 153031View attachment 153032

The Specs:

• Intel Core i5-4210U Processor 1.7GHz - 2.4GHz Turbo
  • 8GB DDR3L-1600 RAM
  • 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
  • Dual Band Wireless-N AC
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • 15.6" Full HD TruBrite LED-backlit IPS Display

The Setup:

• Yosemite 10.10.4. (I do plan on updating to El 10.11 eventually)
  • Clover Installation (only choice really)
  • Windows 10 Dual Boot

What Works:

• The 15.6" TOUCHSCREEN. There isn't great support for a touch screen on OS X at all but it's neat to see. Ink does show up in the Preferences pane and I can do handwriting recognition if i really wanted to.
  • Integrated Graphics
  • Audio - Voodoo HDA--i might improve this later
  • Touchpad with small multitouch support such as two finger scrolling and gestures. Elan touch pad driver aka SmartTouchPad. I highly recommend that you change the configurable touchpad settings with in the kext--the default makes no sense.
  • Keyboard with some special fn keys working. I used BetterTouchTool to map some fn keys to certain things such as volume up and down. It works for now.
  • Brightness with the DSDT patching brightness fix
  • Camera
  • HandOff (I rarely use it though)
  • All OS X features so far (iMessage, iCloud etc, idk if this isn't usually the case)

What didn't (or doesn't) work:

• Wifi/bluetooth adapater - had to replace it with NGFF BCM94352Z. I bought mine used off of eBay for $90 USD (ouch)
  • A slow HDD - it drove me insane. Please buy an SSD.
  • Sleep/wake - sometimes it doesn't wake up from sleep but this is something I am really just too lazy to fix
  • Various sensors: acclerometer, light sensor

The Price:
So it's always fun to see if you can get a cheaper computer with specs just as good as a real mac. My laptop is comparable to the late 2013 Macbook Pro with i5s in it.

My hackintosh has an ultrabook i5 with integrated graphics, 8GBs of RAM, 500GB SSD, and a beautiful 15.6" (touch)screen. I bought it refurbished and open-box from Microcenter for...

$429.99 USD
+ $90.00 WiFi/Bluetooth adapter

+ $159.99 SSD
=
$700 USD Hackintosh vs $1000-1300 Macbook Pro

A few (unorganized) thoughts:
I have owned a macbook air recently and I have to say that the experience on the hackintosh is close to what it is like to actually having a mac, but it's not a perfect OS X experience. The touchpad of a mac is infinitely better than any other touchpad ever. However, the elan touchpad driver I'm using is really nice for being made by the hackintosh community. Two finger scrolling works with inertia. Three finger swipe
up opens mission control (however this is triggered like a keyboard shortcut). Three finger swipes to the left and right also switch between full-screen apps. Pinch to zoom works like a keyboard shortcut...

If you're hackintoshing this machine DUAL BOOT. The thing has a touchscreen and it works best in Windows. In fact, I mostly use this machine with windows because the experience is better with the software it was designed for. I only use OS X for some web development type of tasks, Sketch, and Xcode. Windows 10 for everything else!

I installed VMWare Fusion and ran my physical Windows 10 partition in a VM. To my surprise, everything booted. I can even detach the touchscreen from the host OS X and hand it off to Windows to handle for a very nice seamless experience. It's a bit slow so I really prefer to use it natively.

The laptop is very easy to open and service. Nothing (well besides the CPU) is glued in there so you can upgrade almost anything: RAM, HDD (which I did), Wifi/bluetooth card, etc. It's great!

Build quality is decent but no where near as nice as a MBP.

The display isn't bad at all. It's way better than 13" Macbook Airs but it falls short of Macbook Pro retina displays.

If I run the iOS Emulator, does my laptop turn into an iPad????

Conclusion:
This was fun. :D :D :D It was very challenging troubleshooting this machine to run OS X but I got it working and it fits my needs. If more people request it, I might make a guide to install and configure everything to work with the laptop.

Thanks! I hope this was somewhat interesting!

First, thanks for this post, I have been waiting for someone to do this laptop!!! I have the P55W-B5224, I have installed El Capitan, I have everything running except handoff and WiFi/BT. I purchased the Dell DW1560 WiFi/BT card, as recommended, I get the WiFi icon, it shows in system, but won't turn on. I'm just wondering if you can share your config.plist file and what you used for your wireless/WiFi kexts.

Thanks!!

Did you patch ACPI correctly? Did you install the FakePCIID kexts?

If I have a similar laptop (p55w c5200x) with an i5 5200u and hd graphics 5500 with an hdd of 750gb . What would be the process, tools n best OSX version to use? or do i need to change some hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back