Contribute
Register

Fingerprint reader adding to HP ProBook 4530s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 4530s
CPU
Core i5-2450M
Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

firstly sorry that my topic isn't directly related with hackintosh issue but there are many users of 4530s so maybe someone knows. Is the motherboard of 4530s model comes standard with the output for connection to fingerprint reader? I would like replace my palmrest with fingerprint reader model (cost $ 10 - I'm from Poland).

thanks in advance!
Pic of new pamrest with fingerprint reader:

5056181499_1.jpg

Hi,

firstly sorry that my topic isn't directly related with hackintosh issue but there are many users of 4530s so maybe someone knows. Is the motherboard of 4530s model comes standard with the output for connection to fingerprint reader? I would like replace my palmrest with fingerprint reader model (cost $ 10 - I'm from Poland).

thanks in advance!
Pic of new pamrest with fingerprint reader:

View attachment 133177

The fingerprint reader doesn't work with OS X, so there is no point, unless you want it for Windows only.

The fingerprint reader doesn't work with OS X, so there is no point, unless you want it for Windows only.
yes, I use Windows 7 and my problem concerns Microsoft system. The question is - is in the motherboard where originaly did not have the fingerprint reader on palmrest has an output / input to a fingerprint reader connection / track. (sorry for my eng).

yes, I use Windows 7 and my problem concerns Microsoft system. The question is - is in the motherboard where originaly did not have the fingerprint reader on palmrest has an output / input to a fingerprint reader connection / track. (sorry for my eng).

You should refer to the service manual. You can download from HP.com.

Okay, I would like to announce that there is factory connector to fingerprint reader. I changed the palmrest and everything works. :)

Okay, I would like to announce that there is factory connector to fingerprint reader. I changed the palmrest and everything works. :)

That's what I guessed... Manufacturing a different motherboard for laptops with a finger print reader vs. without would add manufacturing cost, not reduce it. Plus the device is USB, which means it is a very simple and inexpensive connection to provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back