Contribute
Register

Finding out what Motherboard my computer has?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
i5 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
GTX 1050ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is there a website or anything that I can use to lookup what components my computer has?

I've been Google for about an hour and I can't seem to locate it.

The computer I would be purchasing is a Acer AM3910-U4012. I honestly can't seem to find what kexts I would need and if there are kexts for a perfect install on this computer.

The things I'm interested in are

Sound Codec-If its a ALC889 or not(I saw that it was but the site didn't look very reputable)

What the "Integrated Graphics" are. So I know what kexts to download/install.

And what the Wireless/Wired network adapters are.

I've been a bit out of the game since 10.5.6, and I'm pretty far behind the times...

Thanks!

With only built-in Intel i3 graphics, wouldn't you need a separate graphics card?
Usually, Acer, Dell and similar computer makers have custom-made motherboards that usually don't have much or info available to the public. However, the system you mention has an H67 chipset and i3 CPU, so I would think you could get it running once you added something like a 9500GT video card (maybe $20-30 after rebate).

Actually, the specific specs for that model on the page link show 1 PCIe x1 and 1 PCIe x16, so the OP should be able to add a standard graphics card.
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium - 64-bit version - Processor Intel® Core™ i3-550 Processor (3.2GHz - 4MB Total Cache) - 6GB DDR3 1333MHz SDRAM - 1TB variable rpm hard drive - Intel® HD Graphics w/ 1.7GB - Intel® H57 Express chipset - 16X DVD±R/RW DL - 5.1-channel surround sound support - 802.11b/g/n - gigabit LAN - HDMI™ - 12 USB 2.0 - IEEE 1 PCI - 1 PCIe x1 - 1 PCIe x16 - 3 expansion bays (2 3.5" - 1 5.25") - 13-in-1 card reader - 300W - 1-year limited warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back