Intel i5 4460
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I've installed El Capitan today using clover on my Intel i5 with ASUS B85M-G. Everything is working perfectly except when I right click on anything in Finder (i.e. a folder or a hard drive) the little beach ball/umbrella appears and I can't use anything in Finder until I reboot. Does anyone have an idea what might be happening here?

Thanks!

Experiencing the same thing. The behavior is erratic. Sometimes it happens when I right click, sometimes it doesn't. I also notice it occurring when I click on 'System Report' in the 'About this Mac' menu. I'm running 10.11.1 on an Acer ATC-605 (Core i5-4440, H81 Express). Only resolved when I reboot.

I'm not sure if the problem has been solved on my computer or not but all this evening I haven't experienced any problems since turning off System Preferences > Energy Saver > 'Put hard disks to sleep when possible'. I'll check back in if I notice anything different.

I had the exact same problem while clicking on about this mac. It suddenly stopped freezing and works normal now. Come to think of it, I also changed that setting. A while after it stopped freezing, but maybe it's helping not to freeze again.

Strange

I confirmed I was suffering of this problem and uncheck "put hard drive to sleep" solved it. Thank you very much.
Oddly, after that action followed by a finder restart then reboot, OS X could not boot up: kernel panic. Turning off the computer then ON again and it rebooted normal.

Now I have to fix my iCloud password issue.

I'm not sure if the problem has been solved on my computer or not but all this evening I haven't experienced any problems since turning off System Preferences > Energy Saver > 'Put hard disks to sleep when possible'. I'll check back in if I notice anything different.
I confirmed that's help to me too. Thanks!

Just to drive the point home for others, I was having the same issue with Right Click in Finder and it also froze up when trying to open preview images in Airmail.

Disabling "Put hard disks to sleep when possible" worked like a charm for me and immediately corrected both problems.

Thanks!

Thanks guys,
that was so annoying...

now it's solved.

It seems that it worked for me too. Dammit thx we have this website and communitie

Just posting to say thanks. This solved my problem :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back