Contribute
Register

Finally Works Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my crackintosh running after following the instructions in the first post, to the letter!

I'm running a z68xp-ud3 mb and the gv-r6850c-1gd video card. (using DVI cable, I think this may be important as I had black screens after boot up with VGA cable to DVI adaptor)

UniBeast install of 10.7 using the boot option PCIRootUID=0 every time I booted, updated to 10.7.3 rebooting with the boot option PCIRootUID=0 again. adjusted my mouse settings screen saver surfed here to tonymac and took a breather...

Ran multi beast with my DTST from the database and the rest of the multi beast options for my mb... (system utilities, ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback (NO non-dtst HDAEnabler) USB3.0, Realtek Gigabit.
Rebooted with boot option AtiConfig=Duckweed -v and I have a desktop with my ati graphics card identified and 1920 resolution with working dvd player and chess game.

I rebooted again with the boot option AtiConfig=Duckweed without the -v and I still have a screen!

edited my boot plist to include only the extra

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Duckweed</string>

rebooted and watched the computer boot to the desktop with 1920 resolution and no gremlins!

:headbang:

Not bad for having a day job and being a total Mac virgin until a couple weeks ago!

guess I need to change my signature now...

Using the exact same setup as OP, but for some reason every time i try to boot into lion the screen goes out and receives no signal after a few moments. The computer is still running, but there's no signal thru the HDMI connector (and i'm assuming the entire graphics card) and therefore no picture on my monitor.

Oddly, when I type the GraphicsEnabler=No it lets me boot up, but that's not something I want to type every time I want to start up.

I tried the AtiConfig=Duckweed but it did not fix the problem. Does anyone have any tips as to how to get it to work?

Thanks in advance!

Any idea about xfx 6850?

kelo22 said:
Using the exact same setup as OP, but for some reason every time i try to boot into lion the screen goes out and receives no signal after a few moments. The computer is still running, but there's no signal thru the HDMI connector (and i'm assuming the entire graphics card) and therefore no picture on my monitor.

Oddly, when I type the GraphicsEnabler=No it lets me boot up, but that's not something I want to type every time I want to start up.

I tried the AtiConfig=Duckweed but it did not fix the problem. Does anyone have any tips as to how to get it to work?

Thanks in advance!

Just updating,

I was able to start normally typing PCIRootUID=0 before the boot. Can I just add this to my boot.plist? will this affect performance in any way?

My display preferences still say AMD Radeon 68xx... does this mean i'm still not getting optimal performance from the graphics card?

My last question, has anyone gotten HDMI audio to work? I saw the thread in the other forum about editing binaries and whatnot but that seems too complicated at the moment to pursue... just wondering if anyone has any shortcuts to it! :)

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

kelo22 said:
I was able to start normally typing PCIRootUID=0 before the boot. Can I just add this to my boot.plist? will this affect performance in any way?
Yes you can...

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>

This will not affect your performance

hi folks,

first time poster long time follower :D

thanks to this place i have my mackintosh and built inside an old PowerMac G5 case to boot :headbang: and i pretty much have the same build as the OP for which i can't understand why
my card isn't loading anything but the default frame buffer, no matter what boot flag i try its always the same. info pane shows Radeon HD6xxx and in the 8x slot I'm using hdmi (all i got) and my tv as my monitor, i can change resolutions but dvd player crashes.
i had this problem with snow leopard and thought upgrading to lion would seal the deal but to no avail, I've tried just about everything so I'm here looking for help.
the only last thing i can think of is that maybe theres a conflict with a stock kext?
favoring the kext over any of the flags. funny thing is reading on here ppl have different scenarios changing their personality flags but no matter what personality i choose lion starts up fine but still doesn't recognize the card as 6850 in the x16 slot and dvd player crashes..
so if anyone has any input i'd much appreciate it as I'm starting to feel clueless.

Edit 1: been using easybeast the majority of the time but considering I'm on the F11 bios I didn't bother using a dsdt for which many users are using a dsdt. Looking into it I found sammisnakes guide on creating a custom dsdt and low and behold success with Aticonfig=Bulrushes AtiPorts=4 it's all recognized except for the fact in profiler it's reporting to be in the 8x lane not the x16..

Edit 2: seems that it was Having USB 3.0 turbo enabled in the bios that kept it from showing as an x16 slot

my specs are:
Gigabyte Z68x-UD3H-B3 F11 bios
intel i5 2500k
Corsair vengence 8gb (2x4gb)
corsair CX600 psu
80gb seagate 7200rpm
OSX Lion 10.7.3 unibeast install from appstore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back